Reporting to the Regional Collections Manager, you will assist in the management of Accounts Receivable processes and procedures, ensuring that the Collections team provides the most effective and efficient support to the business so that both Sales and Departmental objectives are met.
In more detail, you will be involved in the Accounts Receivable activity for the area maximizing cash flow through the timely and effective collection of trade debts utilizing the system. Play a key part in process improvement, dispute management and overdue debt reduction initiatives for the area.
Work in close partnership with Sales to bring about the maximization of profitable sales by effectively managing customer payment terms and daily held orders. Conduct month end reconciliations, aged debt analysis reporting & cash-flow targeting.
• Provide proactive support to area personnel and external customers on all AR issues
• Engage with internal and external customers early in negotiation process to facilitate receivables friendly agreement on large contracts
• Effect collection of amounts due to Emerson Process Management on the receivable ledgers in accordance with the company targets.
• Highlight any concerns/potential bad debts to the Regional Collections Manager in a timely manner
• Maintain and review credit facilities/terms in conjunction with the Central Risk Team as appropriate (or as required due to order levels) to maximize profitable sales and minimize risk in accordance with credit policy.
• Provide & promote 1st line resolution for customer discrepancies and escalate accordingly within the organization
• Actively promote and participate in initiatives to perform root cause analysis on discrepancies and undertake improvement initiatives across the quote to cash process to prevent discrepancies occurring.
• Ensure best practice in Accounts Receivable is always promoted and employed across the area
• Provide leadership, guidance and support to remote sites in the area on all AR matters
• Interact with all internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner.
• Timely release and resolution of issues relating to all held orders to maximize sales.
• Cash flow Management
• Undertake any other activities as required by the Regional Collections Manager in the operation of the Collections function.
• Sets own priorities within framework of established procedures.
• Three years collections experience
• Degree qualification
• Minimum Advanced Excel skills
• German & English fluency;
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.