The Network Security Specialist will be responsible for assisting with the network architecture design and the implementation of best practice network infrastructure security controls. This role requires working on local, regional and international projects. Therefore, the business needs, knowledge of our software, and the financial technology industry must be understood and represented in the projects.
The Network Security Specialist will be responsible for recommending best practices for WAN, LAN, WLAN, communication technology (including VoIP and telepresence systems), QoS, VPN, firewall, and Web Application Firewalls and shall:
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for all matters relating to Network Security and provide guidance to the Info Security & Compliance Manager for ensuring compliance with company standards and policies;
- Lead secure network design activities;
- Design and integrate enterprise security network and Internet technical controls for multiple projects in order to achieve a secure IT perimeter, internal network boundaries, and managed service environment;
- Suggest (and in some cases implementing) Hardening guidelines for switches, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, etc;
- Manage Host-Based and Network-based Intrusion Detection Systems in accordance with Global Security Operations Center guidance and directives that monitor, detect, and counter against known cyber-threats;
- Lead threat modeling of network designs to analyze designs for business impact & risk;
- Develop threat mitigation strategies that will be widely distributed across the global enterprise network and across business units;
- Activate and participate in incident response
- Ensure execution of frequent Penetration Tests and resolution of discovered issues.
- On-call support for priority incident resolution
Secondary job responsibilities include helping and supporting other team members who are specialized in IT infrastructure operation (including Data Centers, Servers, Storages, Backups, Cloud Services, Databases, File Services, Active Directory, Patch Management, and other Server and Backend Services).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related IT field along with at least 5 years of experience working within a diverse IT network and security environments.
- Cisco, Fortinet, and/or Checkpoint certifications preferred.
- 2+ years of experience designing security solutions on perimeter infrastructure design operations.
- Working knowledge of network architecture including routing, switching, load balancing, and firewall design
- Awareness of and willingness to learn standardized information security processes.
- Strong communication skills to support collaboration with customers, system engineers, and internal business partners.
- Experience with cloud service offering (Azure, GCP, AWS) and relevant security concepts
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter to a wide range of audiences.
- Knowledge of Application Security Assessment related security software tools.
- Basic knowledge of UNIX/Linux/Windows operating systems and software tools
- Strong Hands-On Experience with Network Devices.