The Operations Manager oversees the plant and manages the overall plant operations, in compliance with the corporate policies. Plans, directs and coordinates all the production activities in order to realize set performance objectives in terms of safety, quality, quantity, planning and costs.
· Degree in Industrial/Manufacturing or Engineering.
· 10+ years experience in a manufacturing environment with a solid understanding of engineering.
· Proven leadership capabilities in lean enterprise initiatives.
· Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire team on track.
· Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
· Excellent communication, technical and analytical skills.
· Proficiency in MS Office.
· Develop priorities based on production schedules, equipment efficiency, engineering requirements and quality controls.
· Provide support and direction to Production & Maintenance manager or staff members to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems.
· Promote and facilitate shop floor work flow analysis and create/implement standard work to achieve improvement priorities
· Implement Lean processes in accordance with the organization’s Lean Implementation Plan.
· Establish operating policies and procedures that improve the business.
· Ensure that manufacturing operations are conducted in a manner that achieve KPI targets.
· Develop budgets and manage activities to accomplish financial objectives.
· Explore and develop new processes and manufacturing methods to reduce overall costs.
· Oversee maintenance, security, building alteration and repair as well as the movement, installation, repair and overhaul of machines, tools and plant equipment.
· Maintain frequent communication with managers and team members concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarifications.
· Conduct briefings, trainings and technical meetings with production employees.
· Ensure all operations according to the company’s safety policies and procedures, as well as federal, state and local regulations.
· Promote the acceptance and practice of fundamental health and safety principles by employees and management.
· Drive a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
· Influence and lead change throughout the business.