Performs tasks such as, but not limited to, the following:
● Maintains local and/or regional responsibility for a specific indirect commodity or group of indirect commodities for price/value determination, sourcing, negotiations, terms & conditions and supplier relationship development, working independently.
● Quotes and negotiates all indirect materials and services under the assigned commodities according to Indirect Procurement process/procedures.
● Identifies opportunities in the assigned commodities for increased value proposition.
● Analyze the market and recommends alternative suppliers where applicable;
● Negotiate services & purchase agreements terms and conditions for the proper conduct of business;
● Evaluate suppliers performance and recommend solutions for cost savings/avoidance, on time deliveries and overall quality
● Supports internal customers to resolve quality, serviceability and performance related issues for products or bid activities.
● Issue purchase orders in accordance with company procedures
● Manage purchase orders, follows compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in these orders;
● Generate reports related to the position
● Receives assignments in the form of tasks and goals and follows established guidelines, procedures and policies to meet individual and department objectives
● Works within established professional standards and practices
● Working knowledge of the marketplace conditions for the area of specialization including industry pricing, technology and supply/demand trends.
● Good negotiation, communication and presentation skills
● Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and working under tight time deadlines
● Good command of written and spoken English;
● Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
● SAP application (MM) knowledge is a plus;
● Organized and result oriented person with the ability to evaluate, prioritize and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure their timely and accurate completion
● Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
and working under tight time deadlines
● Duties of this position are performed in a normal office environment.
● Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data.
● Repetitive manual movements (e.g., data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc.) are frequently required.
● Occasional overnight travel may be required.
● Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a similar position;
● University graduate/ Bachelor’s degree