Job Role Description
Bid Managers are the leaders of deal within the commercial sector. They provide leadership and direction to the entire deal team. They interface with clients, the Conduent Executives, and various internal teams. Simply put, Bid Managers are responsible for winning deals. They are focused on critically viewing Conduent’s positioning for every deal and provides strategic leadership to win the deal.
Managers get engaged once the Sales Executives have done preliminary
qualification of the deal and have received preliminary Bid Approval from the
leadership. Once engaged, the Bid
Manager provide leadership in all aspects of a deal: competitive positioning,
partnership development, solution, cost model, price to win, and proposal. The Bid Manager does not necessary lead each
of those areas, but they are the project manager responsible for making sure
everything comes together into a compelling winning bid. More importantly, Bid Managers are
responsible for understanding the progress of each of those functional areas
and addressing perceived deficiencies.
Bid Managers stay engaged even after the proposal is submitted and is the primary owner of the Orals Presentation and Demo activities. After the deal has been decided, the Bid Manager works with the Sales Executive to gather lessons learned from the win or loss.
· Works in coordination and support of other Bid Managers on RFP deals based on Total Contract value and strategic priority for the LOB.
· Defines the technical and financial aspects of a proposal
· Works closely with all the internal departments (purchase, customer service, sales, HW /SW engineering dpt) for the bid preparation work
· Supports activities to help close potential sales opportunities.
· Writes the overall proposal answer that includes the technical portions such as program management, planning, manufacturing, roll out, operation, SLA commitment, (installation & maintenance with the assistance/ input of dedicated profile within the service)
· Work with Purchasing service to find and assess the best & strategic partners
· Defines and develops the cost definitions and the overall solution in cooperation with other external &internal services
Qualifications and Skills:
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in Bid Management or Business Development, required
· Strong Sales background, required
· Industry knowledge related to Financial Services, Manufacturing, Retail, Healthcare, Telecom desired
· Must have deep knowledge of business development/sales and proposal management activities
· Deep knowledge of rules, regulations and idiosyncrasies of commercial procurement, buying practices and budget cycles
· Consistent bid experience with pursuits over $10M would be an asset. Must demonstrate significant role in a mega deal win
· Strong ability to manage multiple subcontractors and partners throughout the bidding process
· Adaptability to changing requirements dictated by client-driven or internal factors
· Ability to successfully manage time and priorities necessary to meet critical deadlines, and be able to manage a heavy workload in a highly competitive and visible, and sometimes stressful, arena
· Familiarity with business-related mathematics and metrics
· Familiarity with digital transformation technologies within the public sector (i.e., Cloud Infrastructure, Analytics, Mobile, Social Media)
· Mastery of MS Suite applications – Excel, Word, Project and Powerpoint