What you will be doing:
• Supervise the 3D Graphics Team in Cluj-Napoca in terms of personal development, performance, motivation, and recruitment.
• Ensure focus on priorities, meeting objectives and advance the skills and knowledge of the staff.
• Act as a coach and provide guidance in Agile practices.
• Participate in the implementation of an agile organization.
• Foster and grow an Agile mindset.
• Empower individuals and teams to work and lead in new ways.
• Work in a matrix organization whilst focusing on team goals and objectives together with other leaders; report and escalate when needed to the appropriate leaders.
• Establish cross-group processes and dependencies.
• Apply appropriate methodologies to improve the efficiency and quality of our process.
• Set a clear vision / strategy for the team that aligns with the corporate and Steelcase IT strategy.
• Define and guard quality standards for 3D graphics.
• Create or adjust low poly assets, including modeling, unwrapping, and texturing.
• Add data to graphics using our internal web applications and Microsoft Excel.
• Implement requested feedback and changes.
• Interact with Marketing, product development engineers, product data analysts, project managers, and others to clarify project and product information.
Your future team
The Product Graphics team from Cluj-Napoca is part of the Product Launch & Support group from
within Steelcase IT. This group provides Steelcase customers, dealers, A&D community and
employees with high-quality data, graphics, technology and process to support the development
and fulfillment of products anywhere in the world. In Cluj-Napoca, the team focuses on 3D
Graphics for space and furnishings planning tools, Product Configuration tools, VR & AR tools,
and 2D + 3D product symbols.
• Three-year (or greater) degree in a related field preferred or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a team leader, project leader, process leader, technical
leader role or similar.
• 1 to 3 years prior experience working with 3D modeling, texturing and UV mapping.
• Medium to advanced 3ds Max knowledge. Equivalent type applications may be taken in
• Artistic skills and know how to use technology in your advantage.
• Experience with Photoshop, After Effects, Unreal Engine, animation, and rendering (VRay,
Corona) are a bonus.
• A portfolio that demonstrates your experience.
• Very good command of English, both written and spoken
Who you are:
• You have good social skills and ability to work and communicate with a wide variety of
internal and external groups, including management.
• You employ a team-oriented working style with good communication and networking skills.
• You are passionate about working in cross-cultural situations with colleagues and
customers from Europe, North America, and Asia.
• You can work with staff and other departments to resolve problems.
• You have very good organizational and planning skills.
• You have a strong work ethic.
• You are comfortable with ambiguity and are biased to action.
• You have very good decision-making skills.
• You have excellent analytical skills.
• You are productive and results oriented.
• You can read and understand various documentation (technical), such as Statement of
Line and engineering documents, and make recommendations of their application as it
relates to graphics, data, and processes.
• You have a keen eye to detail.
• You have a strong digital asset management capability.
• You have a deep understanding of visual and geometric requirements for a product from
verbal descriptions, sketches, photographs, prototypes, and/or mock-ups.
• You can work independently.
• You have a desire to learn.
• Capable of attaching or linking data attributes to graphics required by application
programmers and third-party developers.
• Ability to create IT application scripts, support application plugins is a plus.