Come join Amazon’s dedicated Data Center Engineering Operations Team in Paris. This committed group works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports Amazon Web Services. This team works to ensure that the data center's MEP operates at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers. We strive towards building a diverse workforce and look to hire the best people we can regardless of age, gender or ethnicity.
The Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) is responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center. The EOT serves as a technical resource to support Amazon within its owned and operated data centers. Data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime. EOT’s are also encouraged with driving innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities.
EOT’s are Amazon’s front line responders for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchgear, UPS’s, PDU’s, AHU’s, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFD’s, and building automation systems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment
· Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures
· Troubleshooting of facility and rack-level events within internal SLA
· Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work
· Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment
· Utilize internal CMMS to manage building workflows
Please send your CV in English.
· Good verbal and written English communication skills
· Apprentice/trades certified or diploma in an Electrical field
· Demonstrate key electrical competencies (Practice & Theory)
· Knowledge of mechanical systems (Mechanical, HVAC systems, Controls)
· Ability to draft accurate support procedures in English, system documentation, and issue tracking entries
· Willing to travel between Data center sites, and internationally if required
· Solid IT skills; experience and knowledge of MS Office suite
· 3+ years of experience in operations and on-call support for Data Center facilities / or Mission Critical Plants/ Production facilities
· An undergraduate degree in a technical field (EE, MechE, IndustrialE);
· Project Management experience
· Work at heights and from ladders.
· Perform physical tasks during the shift
· Work in a noisy environment with ear protection
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.