The role of the Senior Engineer for Micro/Small UPS & PDU Support will be to work as part of an Vertiv EMEA service organization, but mainly focused carrying out activities that combine analytical, troubleshooting and tech support skills with adequate knowledge of hardware and software technology.
Main responsibility is to diagnose and identify hardware and software errors reported (as claims) by Vertiv external and internal customers and propose solutions to address them based on internal procedures.
ESSENTIAL ROLE FUNCTIONS:
The Micro/Small & PDU Engineer shall be responsible for the tech support of our customers in small power solutions. This includes:
- Provide technical support Level I and II levels for the following products: Small and Micro UPS, PDU and any new product in the small solution segment
- Responsibility for diagnosing and troubleshooting of product software and hardware related incidents reported by Customers, Subcontractors, Distributors and/or Vertiv field personnel related to Small products (Micro/Small UPS, PDU, IT Channel, Integrated Racks & Solutions)
- Provide assistance to Sales/Field Agents on technical issues relating to Vertiv products (mainly Small systems defined above)
- This position focuses on resolving initial Customer claim submissions 90% of time worked
- Troubleshoot technical issues initiated through the electronic system and phone queue (ININ) while providing excellent customer service
- Generate and maintain knowledge content on the Knowledge Management System following the Knowledge Centered Support guidelines
- Research technologies online in search engines, Vendor sites, User forums as well as the knowledge management system
- Asks for the customer's business impact and documents it in their case
- Recognize when a customer is likely to run into future problems and proactively shares information to help them avoid pain.
- Interaction with internal and external customers to resolve technical issues
- Complete his / her share of the workload to meet the team objectives
- Follow through on agreed actions with team members
- Maintain published KPIs and SLAs
- Obtain all needed branded certifications needed to provide effective service technical support
- Reports to Micro/Small &PDU Team Leader and AC and DC Technical Support Manager
- Collecting all the cases using ININ, personal and common email, Microsoft Dynamics as primary tools and registering the cases in Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Microsoft Share Point.
- Work with warranty team to build the common structures and procedures to optimize and harmonize the activity around the globe.
- Reviewing daily al open cases pending to be solved, contacting the customer to provide update on the status.
- Review the cases managed by the Remote Service team to assure the proper support to the customer, and the successful closure of these cases
- Assure the traceability of the units that have been swapped under warranty
- Escalate to MU in case of a power assurance contract.
- Escalate especial warranty cases to Quality teams when needed
- Arrange and maintain a minimal laboratory to test returned equipment’s or apply simulation to verify specific events.
Additional required Attributes
Reports to Micro/Small & PDU Team Leader and AC and DC Technical Support Manager
POSITION ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferably electric or electronics)
· 5+ experience of Customer Service Experience
· Good technical knowledge of related UPS and PDU
· Strong Communication skills
· Experience in providing support in the IT channel business
· Fluent English speaker, other languages as Spanish, Italian, French or German would be a benefit
· At least 1-2 years of datacenter/software support experience
· Previous help desk experience