Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in
every part of our business.
Product Graphics Analyst – Paid Internship
Determined period: 3 months, 6 hours / day
The Product Graphics team from Cluj-Napoca is part of the Product Launch & Support group from within Steelcase IT. This group provides Steelcase customers, dealers, A&D community and employees with high quality data, graphics, technology and process to support the development and fulfillment of products anywhere in the world. In Cluj-Napoca we focus on graphics that support multiple internal and external customers.
We are currently looking to enlarge our graphics team to support the development of data that drives our product visualization applications and provides outputs for multiple 2D and 3D visual approaches.
What's in it for you?
· Investigate and gather data and document information on product features and options including finishes that drive pricing and visual configuration combinations.
· Build data models for each product line that allows for specifications to be turned into 3D models.
· Work directly with the geometry modeling team in Cluj-Napoca to connect data to 3D models and materials for building and viewing at 3D objects or rendering to images.
· Connect and communicate with multiple internal teams globally on regional and global product to ensure data quality.
· Three-year (or greater) degree in a related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
· Very good command of English.
· Artistic skills and know how to use technology in your advantage.
· Experience working with 3D modeling, animation, rendering, texturing and UV mapping is a plus.
What does it take?
· You have good interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate with a broad
· customer bases in a multinational company.
· Team oriented working style with good communication and networking skills.
· Good understanding of advanced product specification information.
· Understanding of 3D visualization needed from the Architectural business side.
· Digital asset management capability.
· Keen eye to detail.
· Capability for interpreting architectural and design drawings, sketches, methods and terminology.
· Perseverance and social skills to provide customer service by resolving complaints
effectively and being dedicated in building positive relationships.
· Ability to load, configure and operate computer applications and use furnished tools effectively.
· Ability to read and understand both part and assembly-engineering drawings, as well as understand and visualize 3D geometry.
· Ability to view, understand and dissect 3D polygon based (3ds Max) product models.
· Capable of attaching or linking data attributes to graphics required by application programmers and third-party developers.
You can handle project information in a structured manner