Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Purpose of the role:
In this role you will have the opportunity to work closer to the business and identify opportunities to create more value add for the company by automating processes through RPA technology. This is a unique opportunity to closely work with the Business Process Consultant to better support the business functions in redesigning end-to-end processes, in choosing the best option to automate non-value add activities and create capacity to grow.
As part of the COE team of problem solvers, you will have the opportunity to explore your passion for using new technologies and make a positive impact on business and community.
This role requires the reliable expertise to support the following:
• Develop complex RPA bot (process workflows)
• Develops and configures automation processes as per the technical design document to meet the defined requirements
• Develops new processes / tasks / objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand
• Ensures quality of coded components by performing thorough unit testing.
• Apply development methodologies to improvement projects of various sizes • Anticipate, identify, track and resolve technical issues and risks affecting delivery • Assist development team in resolving technical problems • Assist Support teams to resolve issues
• Evaluate RPA and Automation options and provide recommendations
• Assess automation opportunity from technical perspective and perform due diligence to arrive at an optimal solution.
• Work closely with a Business Consultant Process Specialist for understanding the functional and technical design
• Make recommendations for improvement on IT or business-related issues
• Apply good project planning/project management skills to work independently or to lead projects of different scale.
• Act as a technical expert in RPA and support the organization on developing an efficient RPA implementation
• Look for ways to improve program design & development practices
• Ensure quality is built into every deliverable—from first project requirement to final function crafted within the software
• Offer support and train& coach other RPA developers from the CoP (Community of Practice) within the functions
Demonstrated understanding or experience in one of the following will help secure your success in the role:
• Knowledge of programing in general (loops, variables etc.) - C# or VBA or Visual Basic .NET (on a basic level)
• Process optimization knowledge (LEAN etc.)
• Basic database knowledge
• Understanding of design documents
• Experience in process automation is a plus
• Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
Who you are:
• Nice to have: Java or Python or HTML5 knowledge
• You possess good analytical skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• You display good Project Management and Project Leadership skills
• You have a comprehensive understanding of group dynamics and team function requirements, as well as proven background in playing a part in team settings
• Proven ability to learn, assimilate and apply new business-related information as well as technology related information.
• Interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)