With a startup spirit and 115,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world’s biggest brands—and we have fun doing it. We dream in digital, dare in reality, and reinvent the ways companies work to make an impact far bigger than just our bottom line. We’re harnessing the power of technology and humanity to create meaningful transformation that moves us forward in our pursuit of a world that works better for people. Now, we’re calling upon the thinkers and doers, those with a natural curiosity and a hunger to keep learning, keep growing., People who thrive on fearlessly experimenting, seizing opportunities, and pushing boundaries to turn our vision into reality. And as you help us create a better world, we will help you build your own intellectual firepower. Welcome to the relentless pursuit of better.
Inviting applications for the role of Advanced Accountant – Management Trainee – English – Remote EMEA/EU!
We are looking for an Accountant who can be a part of a large and friendly team. Good customer management skills as well as a keen eye for details and problem-solving attitude.
• Lead and perform US GAAP general accounting activities on behalf of local Businesses.
• Validate and apply the appropriate accounting principles on unusual/non-routine transactions.
• Perform activities required for month-end closing (performing balance sheet and P&L reconciliation, comments) according to the respective business deadlines.
• Assist in monthly and quarterly balance sheet and P&L review and prepare variance analysis.
• Prepare all balance sheet account reconciliation, open items are accurately closed.
• Analyze process transactions and its potential financial impact.
• Understand Policies and ensure that all accounting processes are in line with regulations and principles, and confidentiality is respected in data handling when working with personal data and/or sensitive data.
• Maintain a working relationship with the local operation and controllership team, and FP&A.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business related field
• Multi years of Accounting experience in a multi-GAAP environment
• Experience of closing the books, ideally in an international environment or in the R2R function of an SSC
• Understands the composition of financial documents (Cash Flow, Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet) and key financial metrics
• Written and verbal fluency in English
• A second European language is an advantage
• Computer Literacy: MS Office, particularly Excel
• ERP system (Oracle or SAP)
• Proficiency in other European languages is a benefit.
• Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
• Ability to learn/ understand Standards & Processes quickly and adhere to them accurately
• Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
What can we offer?
• Multicultural and very diverse environment with people from over 30 countries
• Genpact supports language courses, professional trainings, personal development
• Friendly working environment (Best Office Award 2015), including gym, cafeteria, hairdresser and a medical center, all conveniently located on the office campus
• Great career-development opportunities
• Opportunities to leverage your accounting and finance skills
• Opportunity for process improvement/simplification/standardization
• Flexible working hours/home office
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit www.genpact.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.