The Vertiv Service business is designed to provide full life-cycle service support for our customers and as such is a core part of the Vertiv market offering. Advances in not only digital control and monitoring techniques, within equipment, but also with site data collection tools (Field engineer reporting and site monitoring) has resulted in significant amounts of data being created during the life cycle of Critical Infrastructure equipment.
For the ongoing success of the service business it is essential that this data is fully utilized to provide new revenue streams for the business as well as driving operational cost improvements for both Vertiv and our customers. Vertiv’s approach to the management of data is summarized in the above diagram with the required outcomes delivered by a combination of the following; Co-ordinated approach to data acquisition within Vertiv equipment and monitoring solutions, Global Data Lake, Big Data Analytics tools, Data Scientists, Subject Matter Experts and Regional Data Analysts.
The role of the Regional Data Analysts will be to work within the wider data management architecture to deliver meaningful and considered output for use by the business and its customers. This could be in the format of white paper reports on equipment performance, bench marking statistics for site/ equipment status reports, operational performance statistics, contract specific equipment performance for predictive maintenance planning, maintenance cost analysis for Infrastructure as a Service contracts.
Essential role functions:
- Define, with the subject matter and product specialists, the data to collect from the systems and site process sold and utilized by Vertiv.
- Interpret the data, analyses results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports that will convert into business opportunities.
- Work with Management Systems leaders (Product Management and Marketing) and with the experts in the different technologies to priorities business and information needs.
- Actively work with the Center of Expertise leaders (Thermal, AC and DC power, Batteries, Generators) to identify the needs for data collection at system, site and network level.
- Collaborate with the Monitoring solution architects to assure the efficiency of the data collection in different projects and solutions.
- Define strategies to optimize statistics in terms of efficiency and quality, including filter and clean data defining KPI’s to identify problems at data base level.
- Collect feedback from Technical experts to improve the reports and data collection and verify that the improvements suggested have achieved the expected results.
- Work with the Global and regional teams to design, develop and maintain the Service Analytics concept. Develop and maintain the Global Data Lake used in conjunction with the Analytics Service organization plus other requirements as needed by the company.
- Degree in Math’s, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- Working experience for minimum 3-5 years as a data analyst or business data analyst preferably oriented to IoT and M2M environments.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Expert with Excel.
- Modeling skills to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment text representations.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyses, and disseminate significant amounts of information from different technical environments.
- Knowledge and capability to understand specific applications in the Data Center, Telecom, Industrial and Edge segments.
- Strong Communication skills.
Additional required attributes:
- Must be able to meet project deliverables under aggressive time deadlines;
- Ability to effectively deal with a wide variety of competing demands;
- Interviewing and listening skills- interact with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information;
- Writing skills- to communicate information effectively to stakeholders and technical staff;
- Interpersonal skills- to negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders;
- Creativity skills- propose requirements from a fresh less constraint perspective – New Thinking;
- Capability to transform user requirements into logical and comprehensive detail that supports extraordinary Service development results;
- Language skills: English – Advanced/native level; Any additional major foreign language is a plus;
- Travel Required: Approximately 10% .
Vertiv is a global leader in delivering the hardware, software, analytics and ongoing services customers rely on to enable their vital applications to run continuously, perform optimally and grow with their business needs. Vertiv solves the most important challenges facing today’s data centers, communication networks commercial and industrial facilities with a portfolio of power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network.
We design, provide and service global critical infrastructures that is helping the world to be always UP and Running. We maintain critical buildings (hospitals, railways, airports, financials, underground, stadiums) and support international businesses to make sure the power is always ON. We are here to enable you to always communicate with your family, friends & coworkers worldwide. We are ONE team within a Global structure sharing the big picture and creating a higher impact in a dynamic world.As employees we OWN our personal development and we believe in open communication across the organization, continuous development and appreciation
Vertiv is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.