In 2019 we opened an office in Cluj-Napoca, Romania for which we are looking for young graduates willing to develop their skills by helping researchers worldwide publish their latest results. This is also a great opportunity to start a first job in a dynamic multinational company which offer interesting career development options to talented, enthusiastic and hard-working people.
Once accepted for publication, the scientific articles must be prepared to the company’s and industry’s standards in PDF, XML and HTML formats. This work is carried out by a production team, using custom software developed by MDPI.
The advertised position covers copy-editing of the papers and the conversion from Word or LaTeX to XML, a machine-readable format. Copy-editing covers correction of formatting and text issues, such as use of symbols and tables, and requires good attention to detail. XML conversion is a semi-automated process where editors must ensure that attributes of the submitted text are correctly transferred to the final XML format. Production editors work independently and to short deadlines so that published papers meet the high standards of presentation expected by authors and editors.
· Bachelor or Master degree
· Knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Familiarity with HTML, XHTML or XML and basic computer programming skills are an advantage
· Strong English skills
· Ability to multi-task, attention to detail
· Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
· Romanian work permit
· Previous experience in the field is not required
What we offer
· Professional and personal development
· International work environment
· Flexible working hours
· Flat organizational structures
· Trips to the other MDPI offices
· Competitive salary, benefits and equity
Questions and Application
Feel free to send your CV by e-mail to email@example.com.