As a Platform Architect/Engineer your aim is to design architecture for Platform-as-a-service products using Open Source and Cloud tools and implement them. We are looking for Engineers/ Platform Engineers / Developers of different levels with different focus areas: Cloud, Distributed Systems, Orchestration, Monitoring, Automation
· As part of our dynamic team, you will support our clients during the successful development and implementation of complex solutions for Big Data and Data Analytics applications.
· Through the power of distributed open source and cloud technologies, you provide scalable, cost efficient and flexible architectures to our customers.
· Use your DevOps mindset and scripting skills to provide automation and Infrastructure as Code approach.
· Consult our customers on system architecture, monitoring and security concepts.
· You are in regular contact with customers and stakeholders and you communicate efficiently and professionally.
· A strong technical background, ideally a master’s degree in Computer Science or similar.
· Experience with one or more major public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
· Experience with different distributed technologies (e.g. Spark, S3, Kafka, Snowflake, DynamoDB, CockroachDB, HDFS, Hive, etc.)
· Experience with Infrastructure as Code frameworks (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
· Experience in containerization technologies and container orchestration (Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, Mesos, etc).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience in modern Development practices (CI/CD, DevOps, GitOps, Agile, etc).
· Proficiency in English.
· Willingness to become proficient in German.
· Nice to have: development experience (Python/Java/Scala/Go)