The Category Sourcing Specialist is responsible for supporting the development, documentation, communication, and category strategies for respective region. These include, but not limited to cost improvement, contract management, flexibility, responsiveness, asset management and speed to market. They involve existing as well as new products and are aligned with improving the overall competitive position of the business. He/She will serve as commercial expert in the organization for the respective category scope.
- Establish and implement clear regional strategic sourcing plans based on the agreed commodity strategy and all supply chain activities within region. Implement and maintain associated commercial supply agreements.
- Prepare quotation packages that are thorough and complete. Understand the cost elements of material, labor and margin and be able to present a clear and concise analysis of the proposals.
- Apply competitive tension to the supply chain via E-sourcing and direct negotiations. Demonstrate command of the Emerson corporate procurement tools (IM, PA, MIN, ES) and utilize them routinely to manage commodity performance.
- Develop and maintain cost model tools to track and implement bill of materials cost changes.
- Pursue component cost saving solutions to optimize bill of materials costs and challenge suppliers to do the same. Ensure contractual benefits are maximized. Manage and optimize total cost of ownership.
- Link business requirements to supplier capabilities and performance. Support periodic reviews to ensure they are in synch with respect to cost structure, order mechanics, forecast management, quality, flexibility, lead-times and third-party logistics.
- Develop and maintain global spend monitoring tool, analyze development in support of execution of global strategy.
- Maintain, develop and regularly update relevant content for category SharePoint
- Ensure system integrity via full set up and maintenance of ERP system records for all lead time, price, order policy and replenishment profiles
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry and market dynamics through close working relationships with suppliers, trade organizations, and self-education
- Work with local buyers and purchasing managers to implement flexibility solutions in the supply chain; i.e., connected replenishment, consignment, reduced lead times, strategic component buffer inventories, etc.
- Manage and mitigate material supply chain liabilities within the framework of established contracts. Negotiate the settlement of disputes between business leads and suppliers.
- Work cross functionally to support and identify new areas of business need and process improvement pertinent to proposals and projects. Stakeholder community to include, but not limited to, Technology, Product Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, World Area Operations, and Global/regional Proposal teams.
- Directly support both Proposal and Project Execution teams in the development of request for quotation, supplier identification, category expertise, and sourcing methods.
- University Degree; Engineering or Supply Chain is an advantage;
- 5+ years of supply chain or procurement experience; sourcing is a plus;
- Experience in sheet metal fabrication and basic understanding of Quality management and processes is beneficial;
- Basic understanding of Quality management and processes is an advantage;
- Advanced level of English;
- PC skills: MS Office, Internet.
Imagine being surrounded by more than 110,000 intelligent, driven and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Our diverse and inclusive team combines technology and engineering in a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
This exciting environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $22.3 billion in sales and facilities in 141 countries. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Explore them now and join us in doing what’s never been done before.