We are part of Hotelbeds, a global provider of travel services in more than 180 countries. Our businesses provide hotel accommodation, transfers, excursions and tours, meetings and events, visa outsourcing and cruise handling services. Its main clients are tour operators, travel agencies, corporate clients and final consumers. Our brands include Hotelbeds, Tourico and GTA. We provide these services to the tourism industry, corporate clients and directly to the consumers worldwide.
It’s an exciting time to be joining Hotelbeds. We are internalizing our entire user support function and as a result, we are looking for a competent, enthusiastic & professional people to join our team.
The Global Service Support Engineer will operate on 24x7 shift basis to deliver fast and helpful technical assistance on computer systems and application alarms. You will help to resolve tickets for technical and/or business issues and offer advice to solve them. The majority of support will be remote but there might be an opportunity for travel, on occasions. The job holder will be self-motivated and work with attention to high customer satisfaction.
The Global Service Support Engineer must have good technical knowledge and be an effective communicator both written and verbal English in order to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must be customer-oriented and patient to deal with potentially difficult customers who are often working to tight deadlines.
The goal is to create value for our employees and clients, drive customer satisfaction and increase first contact and first level fix. Combined, these things will help preserve the company’s reputation and business effectiveness.
- Serve as the first point of contact for our internal and some external customers, seeking technical assistance over the phone, IM chat or email
- This is a 24/7 position which means working also in night shifts, weekends and public holidays based on a predefined schedule
- Act as a primary responder to alerts and real-time events
- Take proactive ownership by responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Ensuring 100% up-time with proactive monitoring
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Engage with the customer and walk them through the problem-solving process
- Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of technical support or On-Call teams
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Monitor and maintain computer systems, applications and networks
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up with customers and users to ensure complete resolution of issues
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Preparing technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
Reporting & Key Relationships
- You will be confident and able to communicate with all levels of seniority within the company.
- You will be able to work independently within the team or if your line manager is working elsewhere.
- A good working knowledge of Windows7/10, Office365
- Knowledge of user management in AD
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Linux/Unix operating systems
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments such as Amazon AWS, Azure – considered a plus
- Basic Networking knowledge
- A technical, logical thought process with problem-solving skills
- An ability to stick to strict deadlines whilst demonstrating ability to prioritize and delegate
- Good understanding & eagerness to learn of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Previous experience as a Support Engineer / Technician or similar customer support role in an IT environment
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field, desirable
- Familiarity of working to ITIL standards (typically Incident, Request, Change)
- SCCM deployment products, databases and remote-control tools
- Conversational level in Spanish is considered a plus
As well as an attractive benefits package you will be able to work:
- Within an innovative, engaging and multicultural environment.
- Have the opportunity to build strong and lasting business relationships and friendships from around the world.
- Have the opportunity in developing your career locally or within one of our beautiful working locations across the globe.
We look forward to your feedback, and definitely want to hear from you if you want to participate in this great project!