To be immersed in the Infrastructure Support Network Support Team, supporting a wide range of customers on a very broad range of networking technologies. As this is a support position, the work is fast paced and you will often be required to work to demanding deadlines.
This role demands the engineer to provide advanced network support as well as assisting in the implementation of new infrastructure & systems. The role is based in the NOC, providing Switching and Firewall support to a number of customers.
The main roles and responsibilities of this position include:
· Ownership of support calls via ServiceNow
· Provide regular updates to both the customer and the Service Desk of open events
· Ensure effective and rapid response to Major Incidents
· Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry standards relevant to the role
· To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in order to maintain corporate ISO accreditation levels
· To obtain and maintain technical accreditations as required by management in accordance with the guidelines provided by manufactures and software vendors
· Advanced troubleshooting of customer environments
· Performance monitoring
· Maintenance, administration and configuration of network devices such as Routers, Switches, Firewalls
· Meticulous approach, effective written and oral communicator
· Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly to both IT and business staff
· Identify the work required and organise, facilitate and / or perform the work with only limited guidance from line management
· Good analytical skills, structured and methodical approach
· Highly organise, with the ability to plan ahead for short to medium term objectives
· Routing, Switching, Security on enterprise class devices (Cisco, HP, Huawei, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Juniper)
· Cisco Certifications are a plus
· Cisco routing and switching skills and knowledge
· Graduate or equivalent experience
· Appropriate professional qualifications.
· Additional skills in technologies interacting with the network equipment are a plus (storage, operating systems, virtualisation)
· Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
We enable people to do business by
planning, supplying, integrating and managing their IT. We make IT work through
partnership, knowledge and passion: trusted to run IT infrastructure services
for leading business across Europe for 40 years.
We are SCC – great things happen when we work together.
To make IT work for our customers to improve the way they do business;
To deliver quality IT solutions and services that change the way businesses do business;
Deliver long-term profit to invest back into the business;
Nurture a winning network of partners to create enduring value to our customers.
Find out more at www.scc.com
Send your questions at email@example.com. We’ll be glad to offer you more details!
*Thank you for choosing to contact us. By sending your resume, you agree to our processing of your Data for recruitment purposes (where Data refers to your personal information such as your name, phone number, email address and your resume). We assure you that your Data will be used for recruitment purposes only, for a retention time of 5 years or until you decide to withdraw your consent, at any time, by sending an e-mail to . Also, you may contact us on the same e-mail address to exercise any of the rights granted by GDPR (RegulationYou can find here further details about our Data Protection Policy.
We are SCC – great things happen when we work together!