All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
NRC Moldova and Romania country mission seeks to establish and implement M&E systems that will enable improvement of internal management, programme/project performance and evidence-based decision making, through implementing local partners and directly implemented projects. Within this context, the M&E Technical Officer, dedicated to support the Monitoring and Evaluation systems, will contribute to the overall management of quality M&E data in NRC Moldova and Romania Country and Area offices. The M&E Technical Officer will be reporting the Area Programme Manager with technical line with the M&E Manager.
· Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance, and tools, for NRC and its implementing partners.
· Support programme staff and implementing partners in planning for and executing M&E, including data collection methodology and tools, and data management, analysis and use.
· Support Implementing Partners to plan for and execute M&E exercises as agreed in signed partnership agreements.
· Capacity building and training of programme and implementing partners staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
· Develop and support the Implementing Partners to develop M&E tools for gathering information/data from the field and keep up to-date data required for timely and quality reporting.
· Provide capacity building to local partners on M&E processes and tools.
· Ensure follow up of the M&E processes and tools by the local partners during all the project life time.
· Compile and update Country Office level monthly output tracking sheet (M&E matrices), online the Global Outcome and Output Reporting System (GORS) reporting, monthly M&E reports, Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) database.
· Support the project teams to improve quality of monitoring, evaluation, and accurate reporting, including training on the M&E tools.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
· Area Managers, Area Programme Manager, Core Competency Programme Development Managers, Project Coordinators, Project Officers.
· M&E Manager.
· Local Implementing Partners in Moldova and in Romania.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories.
1. Professional competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
· At least 2 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting
· Bachelor degree in social science, business administration, economy, computer science or other related field.
· Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programmes, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
· Experience of working with multi sectors would be an asset.
· Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
· High level of English, Russian and Romanian.
· Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
Context related skills, knowledge and experience
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong organisational and team working skills
· Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
2. Behavioural competencies
· Planning and delivering results
· Working with people
· Communicating with impact and respect
· Handling insecure environments