Trasys International offers IT Consulting jobs at the European Institutions and International Organizations.
For our customer, an EU institution based in Brussels, we are looking for an Expert Product Owner.
If you would like to work in the heart of the European Union and have a massive contribution to the work that they are performing and that impacts millions of people all over the EU, then this is the right chance for you.
- Work within the agile process and be the final authority for decisions regarding priority, business value, and functionality for all the work done by the agile development team.
- When there are Business Analysts allocated to the project, supervise their tasks and deliverables.
- Be the liaison between business & development teams.
- Follow-up the implementation of information systems to meet identified business needs, managing the use of resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
- Build an in-depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the project.
- Interact and validate requirements with the business/policy unit
- Propose solutions by combining IT tools and business process refactoring or improvements based on an in-depth understanding of a specific business domain.
- Create, maintain, prioritize, and sequence the product backlog based on business value or return of investment.
- Analyse and document Business requirements.
- Produce Business process analysis.
- Create user stories and acceptance tests from themes and features granular enough for a single sprint/iteration.
- Lead the decision-making process related to user stories scheduling into sprints/iterations (roadmap preparation).
- Prepare and maintain project and release plans and track activities against the plan, provide regular and accurate reports.
- Participate to retrospectives, reviews, and other Scrum-related meetings and ceremonies.
- Review deliverable and demonstrable product version/software functionalities after every sprint/iteration.
- Organize live demonstrations of the product at the end of the sprint/iteration.
- Facilitate the acceptance of the product by the business unit.
- Develop and maintain standards for testing.
- Monitor costs, timescales and resources used. Act when indicators deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Provide progress reporting.
- Assist with internal and external communication by improving of transparency and dissemination of information.
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs.
- Risk analysis.
- Take part or, when required, lead the definition of Business cases, Vision documents, Project Charters, Security Plans and Support’s FAQ.
- Support in transitioning from Project to Operations
Following specific expertise is mandatory for the performance of tasks:
o At least 5 years of experience in performing analysis utilising use-case specifications or user stories.
o At least 2 years of experience managing works packages and/or tasks in software development projects
o At least 2 years of experience in Project Management Tools (e.g. MS Project)
o At least 5 years of experience in analysis/modelling tools and techniques (use case diagram, state diagram, entity relationship model, interaction diagrams etc.).
o At least 3 years of experience in Functional Decomposition or Product Decomposition.
o At least 3 years of experience in Agile.
o At least 3 years of experience in Agile toolbox (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, BigPicture, Balsamiq, etc).
o At least 5 years of specific expertise in BPMN or UML or other with equivalent value.
o At least 5 years of specific expertise in Wiki and collaborative tools.
Following certifications are mandatory (one of) for the performance of tasks:
• Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO),
• Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO),
• SAFe Product Owner or equivalent.