We are looking for new colleagues who completed master's degrees, are currently pursuing doctoral studies, or already hold a Ph.D. in Geosciences, Chemistry, Biology, Agriculture, Medicine, Engineering, Mathematics, Materials Sciences or Technology.
As an Assistant Editor at MDPI, you will be connected to the scientific research in your areas of expertise by assisting worldwide academics in publishing their latest work in (our) peer-reviewed Open Access journals and you will be responsible for coordinating the editorial process and meticulously processing manuscripts from submission until publication.
Our job openings for Assistant Editors in Romania are full-time, office-based positions, in Cluj-Napoca.
As an Assistant Editor, you will:
- Support the editorial process for academic research journals centered on your domain of expertise
- Organize peer-review evaluations for submitted manuscripts and coordinate editorial decisions
- Be in charge of formatting manuscripts according to our in-house standards
- Handle e-mail communication between the parties involved in the publication process
- Collaborate with other members of the editorial and production teams
- Ensure that scholarly articles are thoroughly edited and published, according to tight deadlines and with a high degree of consistency
- Master’s, or PhD degree in the above-mentioned subjects (PhD is considered an advantage)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Professional experience with scholarship publishing is an advantage, but not a requirement
What we will offer you
- An intercultural experience
- Private health insurance covering medical centers around the country
- Meal tickets card
- Gifts on special occasions
- Different discounts
- Flexible working hours in the limits of a full-time job
- Teambuilding and team events
- Professional development opportunities
- Growth opportunities within an international team
- The Most Helpful Team!