Born as a family business in 1914, Danieli is today established as one of the major manufacturers of plants and machines for the iron and steel industry, responding to the needs of its customers worldwide. The company, organized into more than twenty-five divisions built around international and unique talents, bases its business on the same values that have accompanied it since its inception: innovation, team spirit, excellence and reliability.
We are currently increasing our team within the Danieli Centro Tube area.
Place of work: Cluj-Napoca or (Italy)
• Reading and interpretation of the technical specification, analysis of the process and of the reference engineering, production of the documentation relating to each project according to company and international standards.
• Manual sizing and mechanical design of machines for the iron and steel industry, mainly based on the use of welded or cast structures.
• Sizing of the torques and forces required to activate the mechanical part and the stresses deriving from the machining
• Study and detail drawing with definition of tolerances and couplings, materials, surface finishes
• BOM definition
• Selection and sizing of commercial components based on the mechanical characteristics and performance of the machines/systems: gearboxes, electric / hydraulic / pneumatic actuators, bearings, rotating and sliding seals, etc.
• Choice of building materials
• Assessment of the maintenance requirements of the plants built;
• Feasibility analysis of the solutions in the advanced project phase, sales support.
• Supervision and control of the design activity, both internally and outsourced
• Support for start-up and testing activities.
• Participation in the prototyping phase of a new product, carrying out the necessary tests and making the necessary modifications for the industrialization and optimization of the product itself.
• Supervision of product quality through the technical evaluation of purchases and support to the production team.
• Participation and organization of meetings within the TO and/or with other departments, aimed at gathering feedback, design reviews and sharing new technical solutions
• Knowledge and familiarity with 3D design software, such as Autocad and Inventor, as well as the office package
• At least 7 years of experience in engineering design fields
• Coming from the metallurgy sector or similar realities
• Participation in international projects
• Participation in technical meetings with customers and suppliers
• Availability for occasional short/medium term travel
• Analytical and methodical approach
• Open-mindedness towards the search for new solutions
• Excellent relational and cooperation skills