Engineer with passion for
production & continual improvement.
The method department is the crucial link between design office and production, works intensively with the materials and planning department and interacts with other departments such as quality, purchasing & sales.
The main activities that are performed within the method department are:
- Prepare production
- Choice of technology to produce;
- Setup routings in SAP;
- Programming of CNC controlled machines;
- Interaction with production & planning during production execution.
- Setting up right costing
- Make cost calculations for specific requests
- Evaluate existing
manufacturing processes and workflows;
- Identify areas of improvement, propose changes;
- Implement and follow-up of changes;
- Update existing standards
- Modification of existing documentation to correct any identified errors and / or improve the functioning / manufacturing of the relevant parts;
- Work on continual improvement programs.
Involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design through to manufacturing and in-house controls and testing.
Depending on the experience and personnel interests, a different focus in one of the main activities of the method department can be considered.
- You are an engineer with
a passion for production & continual improvement;
- Continuous improvement and customer focus:
- You capture lessons learned both from yourself as from the team you are working in;
- You assist in customer acceptance tests under the supervision from the project engineer.
- You are interested in production technologies and are willing to acquire this knowledge in depth in order to strengthen your technical capabilities;
- You focus on reliability, quality, sustainability and take in consideration : customer requirements, economy (costs) and safety.
- Familiarize himself with GRENZEBACH
ROMANIA’s processes including all associated methodologies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures and requirements in force;
- Ensure the quality and integrity of documents that are worked on (Production drawings, assembly instructions, engineering change notes, comparison notes, project documents, documentations, drawings, listings, etc.);
- Review all key production documentation regarding the project you have been working on.
- Acquire product and
application knowledge and challenge the internal organization with new insights
you have gained by the projects you have been working on;
- Understand the details of the products used and technologies applied;
- Assist in the further development and implementation of learning and knowledge sharing within GRENZEBACH ROMANIA.
- Working in a project
management mind-set, close cooperation with the project team and internal
- You are comfortable with all mechanical aspects, but you are also interested in the broader scope of the project. You want to see the ‘whole picture’;
- You work successfully together / interact with your colleagues that deal with other aspects within the project.