Data Center Operations designs, installs & maintains the world’s largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure.
We are looking for a Data Center Technician with a passion for technology to help us expand our Cloud to the next level. We hope it is you! We are hiring in Zurich, Paris and Frankfurt!
This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most innovative data centers in the world. Amazon data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in the region.
A Data Center Technician may be the primary point of contact for both internal customers (for example: Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, Software Developers, Database Engineers, Technical Operations) and external customers (Hardware Vendors, Contractors, Service Providers among others).
There is never a dull moment as each day presents itself with different challenges. Some of the key areas you will have an opportunity to grow in:
· Problem Solving:
· Technical skills like:
- Troubleshoot technical issues on various platforms ranging from Systems through Networking to Power/Mechanical
- Remediation of physical layer outages, both Systems & Network
- Remediation or recovery of physical power issues on racks
· Project Management:
- You will participate in a number of high impact small to mid-scale projects
- You will participate in team meetings for metric analysis and project status updates
While it is a plus if you have the skills mentioned below, it is ok if you don’t meet some of the requirements. As long as you have a passion for learning, curiosity and desire to grow and improve your skills, we are happy to invest in your training and mentorship.
· Understanding of Linux/Unix Administration
· Server Hardware Troubleshooting experience
· Some Experience with Network Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, L2/L3 technologies
· Network Hardware: Copper and Optical Fiber Cabling, Switches, Routers
· Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware!
* This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 18 kilos (the team uses server lifts for those); it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
It’s a plus if you know the following:
· Remote Access: Console routers, IPMI, BMC
· Server Booting: POST, BIOS, PXE, Kickstart, GRUB/LILO, RAID
· Network Equipment Installation and Configuration
· Cisco IOS, NX-OS, JunOS
· Redundancy: Power feeds, ATS, Server Hardware, RAID, Network Connectivity
· Data Center Operations: Inventory Management, Hot/Cold Aisles, Security
· Participated in Project Management
· Scripting: Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby (or programming languages)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Links to the jobs: