Could you be the full-time Train Cost Analyst in Cluj-Napoca, Romania we’re looking for?
Your future role
As a Train Cost Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in our Design to Cost team, contributing to cost optimization and sustainable practices in our train manufacturing process. Reporting to Razvan Brie, our Product Cost Platform Leader in Cluj-Napoca, you will collaborate with a team of dedicated, hard-working, and fun teammates
With a focus on achieving competitive yet achievable cost estimations, the Train Cost Analyst is responsible for challenging costs and promoting an environmentally conscious "just enough" design approach. By collaborating with cross-functional teams, this role contributes to the creation of target costs for tenders and projects, ensuring our company's continued success in a competitive market.
We’ll look to you for
- Cost Analysis and Solutions: Identify the primary cost drivers of our products and propose effective solutions to address cost challenges.
- Precise Cost Calculation: Utilize advanced tools and cost models to accurately calculate the technical cost of our products.
- Benchmark Analysis: Compare and analyze similar projects through benchmarks to ensure competitive yet achievable cost estimations.
- Cost Breakdown Provision: Provide comprehensive cost breakdowns of our products.
- Innovative Design Proposals: Propose innovative designs that reduce technical and industrial costs while enhancing energy efficiency.
- Implementing Design to Cost Methodologies: Utilize Design To Cost and train cost tools to optimize cost-efficiency in the train manufacturing process.
- Cost Calculation and Updates: Calculate and regularly update the "Cost by Unit in Dev" of the Train, focusing on Sub-Systems.
- Stakeholder Collaboration and Reporting: Listen to the needs of Design to cost, Tender, and Project teams, prioritize deliverables, and ensure timely reporting through regular Design To Cost Steering Committees.
All about you
We value passion and attitude over experience. That’s why we don’t expect you to have every single skill. Instead, we’ve listed some that we think will help you succeed and grow in this role:
- Cost Analysis and Estimation: Proficiency in conducting thorough cost analysis, estimating costs accurately, and validating cost calculations against technical product definitions
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Strong analytical skills to analyze cost data, identify trends, and generate insightful reports. The ability to present findings and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Communication and Collaboration: Interpersonal and communication skills to foster effective collaboration and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders, project teams, and cross-functional departments.
- Cost Optimization Strategies: Knowledge of cost optimization strategies, such as value engineering, should-cost analysis, and standardization, to identify opportunities for cost reduction and propose effective solutions.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Strong problem-solving skills to identify cost challenges, evaluate alternatives, and make informed decisions based on cost analysis, project requirements, and organizational objectives.
- Attention to Details: Keen attention to detail to ensure accuracy in cost calculations, analysis, and deliverables. Thoroughness in reviewing data and identifying potential cost-saving opportunities.
- Adaptability and Flexibility: The ability to adapt to changing project priorities, requirements, and stakeholder needs, and the flexibility to adjust strategies and approaches accordingly.
- Financial Acumen: Understanding of financial principles and cost management concepts to effectively track and manage costs throughout the project lifecycle. Proficiency in analyzing financial data and making cost-effective recommendations.
- Technical Product Knowledge: A solid understanding of train architecture, subsystems, and components to ensure accurate cost calculations and alignment with product will be a plus
Things you’ll enjoy
Join us on a life-long transformative journey – the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career.
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines
- Be part of a large team with over 800 professionals in HR, Finance and Procurement & Supply Chain
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues
- Utilise our Agile, Responsible and Inclusive working environment
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning (Access to Alstom University and Alstom Learning Program)
- Professional Development Plan – we offer great opportunities to develop yourself within the company
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential (Competitive Salary and Meal Vouchers, Flexible Benefits at your choice - on top of your salary, Holiday Bonuses (Easter, Christmas), Employee Loyalty Bonus, Reimbursement of telework expenses – for amount of days worked from home, Additional Bonuses - referral bonuses, /new-born bonus, discounts)
- Entitle to comprehensive and competitive social coverage (Life and Accident Insurance, Private medical subscription at Regina Maria and Private Pension)
- Work-life balance- we offer flexible working hours and a hybrid model of work ( Working from Home 3 days/ week) and 25 days of annual leave
- Be part of our Social Corporate Responsibilities initiatives (Social events, Humanitarian Actions)
You don’t need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you’ll be proud. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!