At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
We are currently recruiting an Internal Auditor to be located in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
Internal Audit team provides independent and objective assurance that risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively and meet Alstom’s objectives, in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
As part of our Internal Audit team, you will:
- Play a proactive role in leading the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide;
- Be part of a truly international Group with the widest geographical reach and most comprehensive portfolio of the industry;
- Be trained to gain insight into our operating model and operational processes, necessary to execute audit assignments with the highest level of quality;
- Be willing to travel (50 to 60% up to 2 or 3 weeks in a row, worldwide).
As an Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for:
- Examining and assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, internal control systems, financial or non-financial information and operational processes to ensure that they comply with legal and regulatory requirements as well as to Alstom’s policies and procedures;
- Documenting, evaluating and testing systems and controls to determine their existence, adequacy, effectiveness and continuity;
- Identifying gaps and developing recommendations to enhance operational efficiencies and/or control effectiveness;
- Preparing clear and sufficiently detailed audit reports, outlining identified gaps and findings including, detailed root cause analysis, ad-hoc description of the associated risk and suggesting useful and pertinent recommendations to help auditee’s management strengthen and improve their processes and meet their business objectives;
- Validating the action plans agreed with auditees and monitoring their effective and timely implementation to ensure identified risks are under control;
- Maintaining continuous proficiency and business knowledge via training/e-learnings and keeping track of the development on internal audit standards as well as company policies updates and propose related modifications of internal audit work-programs;
- Contributing to the department continuous improvement initiatives and building its credibility within the Group, interacting in a professional and partnering manner while instilling confidence that could influence decision making;
- Taking on additional departmental projects at management request.
Your education and work experience:
- Master’s degree in business administration, Finance or Engineering;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in external (preferably big 4) or / and internal audit within multinational industrial organizations, or similar relevant operational experience in the industry (finance, controlling, procurement/supply chain, manufacturing, etc.) as our internal audits cover any department / process within Alstom;
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English, any additional European language is a plus;
- Knowledge of IIA standards, CIA certification is a plus;
- Good understanding of accounting standards (IFRS) including knowledge of long-term contract accounting (IFRS15) is preferred;
- Experience within complex multinational and industrial environment is beneficial;
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP is preferred;
- Experience with the digitalization of processes and/or data analytics is a plus.
Your key skills:
- Integrity: Shall perform its work with honesty, diligence, and responsibility. Shall observe the law and ALSTOM’s internal instructions and shall not engage in acts that are discreditable;
- Objectivity: Demonstrate the highest level of professional objectivity in gathering, evaluating, and communicating information about the activity or process being examined. Make a balanced assessment of all the relevant circumstances and are not unduly influenced by its own interests or by others in forming judgments;
- Professionalism: Demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge and direct experience in the field of auditing. Apply the Institute of Internal Auditors Rules of Conduct;
- Teamwork: Resourcefulness, proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a diverse environment with sensitivity and respect;
- Communication in English: All interviews and deliverables to be in English. Proven and sustained communication (oral and written) skills, including ability to write persuasively in a clear and concise manner, and to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences;
- Leadership: Ability to influence people and operations to achieve audit/assignment objectives and ability to lead the audit team;
- Analytical Thinking: Analytical identification and solving of problems. Identifies several pragmatic solutions;
- Initiative: Anticipate and prepare for a specific opportunity or problem that is not obvious to others;
- Flexibility: Able and willing to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of diverse situations, and with diverse individuals or groups. Participate in multiple projects and tasks, with constantly changing priorities and evolving issues;
- Personal Discipline: Ability to focus on detailed tasks to achieve specified outcomes;
- Discretion: Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues using developed discretion and judgment, while maintaining independence and objectivity.
Things you’ll enjoy:
Join us on a life-long transformative journey – the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You’ll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines;
- Be part of a large team with over 800 professionals in HR, Finance and Procurement & Supply Chain;
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues;
- Utilise our Agile, Responsible and Inclusive working environment;
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries;
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning (Access to Alstom University and Alstom Learning Program);
- Professional Development Plan – we offer great opportunities to develop yourself within the company;
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential (Competitive Salary and Meal Vouchers, Flexible Benefits at your choice - on top of your salary, Holiday Bonuses (Easter, Christmas), Employee Loyalty Bonus, Reimbursement of telework expenses – for amount of days worked from home, Additional Bonuses - referral bonuses, new-born bonus, discounts);
- Entitle to comprehensive and competitive social coverage (Life and Accident Insurance, Private medical subscription at Regina Maria and Private Pension);
- Work-life balance - we offer flexible working hours and a hybrid model of work (Working from Home 3 days/week) and 25 days of annual leave;
- Be part of our Social Corporate Responsibilities initiatives (Social events, Humanitarian Actions).
You don’t need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you’ll be proud. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
Important to note
As a global business, we’re an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone.