Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
If you are up to a challenge, we are looking for a:
Controlling Operations Sr. Team Leader (Operations Manager)
Senior Team Leader is responsible for ensuring the effective performance of Finance processes within the region or countries assigned. He/ she will be directly responsible for operational Finance service delivery in Cluj, team performance and behaviour, ensuring they are both customer focussed and process oriented. He/ she will act as an escalation point for any issues raised by customers/business partners, the wider function, or the Finance GFC Operational management.
Controlling operations scope in terms of processes: project controlling, overhead/site controlling, hedge controlling, work package controlling. Countries in scope: Germany, Switzerland, France, Italy, Belgium
Activities in scope: Reporting, Cost control analysis, Invoicing and recharge, Performance reviews, Budget/Forecast.
Your high-level challenges:
- Participates in objective setting, performance management and the timely completion of reviews in line with company processes and standards for all team members with the manager;
- Ensures appropriate skills levels within the team to deliver SLAs;
- Acts as emergency successor for any Team Leader from FSSO Organization and is able to deal with multiple teams at the same time;
- Acts as emergency successor for his/her direct manager;
- Ensures induction and continuous training and support for the newly promoted/ hired Team Leaders;
- Manages individual development plans of the employees to ensure effective succession planning for all business-critical positions;
- To continually focus on working environment, people engagement and enablement and to behave as a role model for these dimensions;
- Performs coaching, mentoring and talent development activities for his/her team;
- Uses retention practices and delivers employee satisfaction via practicing people leadership skills and implementing HR best practices;
- Manages conflicts and resolves issues not only within team, but also inter-team and cross functional;
- Acknowledge and reward team and team member accomplishments & performance.
Management of Business Partner Relationship:
- Ensures the effective communication within the Finance Organization and work together to influence/change/improve the collaboration and the working flows;
- Acts as business partner towards the Finance Organization and cross functional stakeholders;
- Develops and executes action plans to continually improve customer satisfaction levels;
- Adjusting allocation of key tasks based on considerations of business risk and urgency;
- Responsible for the quality control of the team’s operational output and the continual drive for process efficiency and improvement;
- Takes the lead role in handling difficult stakeholders and decision making for complex service requests;
- Is actively involved in projects driven by partners from Finance or other departments;
- Keeps track of escalations and corresponding resolution for partner issues and replicates them across the two SSC organizations.
Business Service Delivery:
- Develops medium/ long term strategies (team organization, planning, knowledge management) to ensure continuous improvement of the SLA results;
- Ensures that internal methods and procedures are compliant with general accounting and reporting policies and procedures;
- Ensures process exception capture and their acknowledgement across all impacted teams;
- Proactively raises alerts on potential issues and takes corrective action considering E2E impact on the organization;
- Ensures compliance with audit and internal requirements defined by OSC, CASRA and E&Y;
- Ensures compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Ensures compliance with Group instructions and policies;
- Owns Visual Management (maintenance of AES dashboards).
Lead Continuous Improvement:
- Identifies the best practice and implement standardization in the operational area;
- Identifies recurrent problems in Operations, resolve and replicate solutions for all countries across the two SSC’s;
- Effective collaboration with FSSO specialist to ensure participation of his/her;
- team in process improvement initiatives;
- Drive productivity improvements within operations;
- Farm new opportunities for revenue enhancement or cost reduction.
Would love you to have:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance areas, CFA/CPA/ACCA certification is a plus;
- 5 - 7 years of experience in accounting, controlling and leadership;
- Familiar with International Accounting Standards (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards(IFRS);
- PC literate advance knowledge (MS-office tools);
- English: fluent.
If we’ve made you curious and eager to find out more, apply here and let’s meet for a chat!
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.