Based in Steelcase Global Business Center, Cluj-Napoca Romania, we are looking for a talented and enthusiast Applications Engineer, to join our IT Dealer Tools Applications team.
Steelcase develops and provides a Sales and logistics management system to its dealers and subsidiaries in EMEA; there are more than 150 system instances and 1 200 users.
A dedicated team is in place to provide expertise and assistance to end-users on both technical and functional questions. Technical and Functional Support Specialist will be member of this team.
The Software (EasyComS) is designed as a client-server system. It contains an SQL database, third party-software such as graphic product configurator, report engine, electronic document management, web services supporting electronic Data interchanges.The Software is running on standard Microsoft Operating systems: Windows Server 2008 or higher, Terminal server and/or Citrix.
Software functions support international trades: currencies, languages for editing commercial and logistic documents in 32 languages and retailer’s organizations (Sales force, sales managers, order managers, logistics specialists, finance teams).
•Involved in the definition, development and the implementation of a commercial, Supply and Logistic
• Management System (EasyComS) deployed for Steelcase’s network of partners in EMEA;
• Analyze and capture functional & technical requirements for Sales, Supply, Logistics, Finance, Products data, and/or maintaining & supporting long-term this strategic environment;
• Understand data flows from the Dealer tool to Steelcase’s SAP ERP, monitoring system, etc.;
• Develop proof-of-concepts or prototypes to help crystallize business rules, processes and functions;
• Liaise with development teams of other tools used by Steelcase’s dealers and other initiatives connected to the dealer environment;
• Developing, testing and delivering robust solutions according to the release roadmap defined by the Product Owner
•At least 2-3 years’ work experience appreciated
• Technical degree in computer science preferred
• Experience in capturing, analysing and documenting functional and technical requirements
• Strong knowledge of .NET languages (Winform, WPF, DevExpress)
• Knowledge of DEV Express Reporting, Web services, XML, SAP SQL anywhere / SAP HANA Anywhere (TRANSAC SQL) or Oracle (PL-SQL), HTTP/REST
• Experience in using one of the Source code versioning system: Git, Azure DevOps (former VSTS)
• Have a desire to use process to drive continuous improvement
• Good interpersonal skills both with internal and external customers.
• Analytical skills (ability to analyze and synthesize), planning and organizing skills
• Ability to work both independently and in a team efficiently
• English – advanced level; French is a plus