Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Product Data Analyst – SAP Specials Product Codification based in Cluj-Napoca
Your future team:
The Product Data team from Cluj-Napoca is part of the Product Launch & Support group from within Steelcase IT. This group provides Steelcase customers, dealers, A&D community and employees with high-quality data, graphics, technology and process to support the development and fulfillment of products anywhere in the world. In Cluj-Napoca, the team will focus on Special Product codification.
What you will be doing:
• Create and maintain Master Data such as Article, Bill of Material, Routings, Configuration Rules in a highly complex environment of our ERP configuration data model
• Work in close partnership with other Product Data Management (PDM) teams, located in several plants across EMEA region, in charge of Special Product codification
• Work closely with Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Specials, Order Fulfillment, and other departments to understand the Product Data Management needs related to special product creation
• Understand the codification requests by analyzing a set of drawings and by having a deep understanding of the product structure
• Focus on continuous improvement and root cause analysis
Who you are:
• You can analyze, conceptualize and logically organize database information with a high degree of accuracy and speed.
• You have excellent analytical skills.
• You have good social skills and ability to work and communicate with a wide variety of internal and external groups, including management.
• You can read and understand various documentation (technical), such as Statement of Line and engineering documents, and make recommendations of their application as it relates to data and processes.
• You employ a team-oriented working style with good communication and networking skills.
• You can work independently.
• You have a desire to learn.
• You have a strong work ethic.
• You understand standard manufacturing processes such as welding, bending painting, cutting, milling, drilling, assembling etc
• Three-year (or greater) degree in a related field preferred or 1-2 years working with SAP
• Very good command of English, both written and spoken
• Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel
• VBA or other scripting would be a great advantage
• Experience with SAP Variant Configuration preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Access would be nice to have
• Experience in an industrial environment is a plus
• Strong interest in data with a focus on quality