At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer centric company on earth and to grow in a safe environment for both our Customers and our associates. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, dynamic and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Sustainability team based in our Gdansk office, supporting the Extended Producer Responsibility Program in Europe, which is our main program to comply with waste recycling policies in the EU.
This role requires strong attention to detail, excellent analytical abilities, knowledge of business intelligence solutions, solid work ethic and drive, the ability to work independently and with primary stakeholders to solve complex medium and large scale issues, the ability to recommend solutions to various problems, and the skill to manage both with and without authority. The successful candidate will be a motivated selfstarter, comfortable with ambiguity, and will be comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Partnering with stakeholders to understand business challenges and provide data/analysis to help drive projects
· Uncovering trends and correlations through data mining and analysis to develop insights that can improve the business and help make effective decisions
· Building dashboards and tools that will allow our team and crossfunctional partners to selfservice their data needs whenever possible
· Automating weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting with a combination of SQL, Excel and BI tools like Tableau
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, or related fields
· Relevant experience as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or another related occupation
· Experience with Microsoft Excel, SQL and relational databases
· Experience in building automation for reporting
· Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices and identify what truly matters
· High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
· A clear passion for learning new business analysis techniques independently and continuously
· Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results
· Experience working crossfunctionally with technical and nontechnical individuals
· Exposure to software development process · Master’s Degree in any quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or Operational Research from premier institute · Strong tactical level operator; thrive on analytics and detailed investigation · Experience with Python programming language is considered a plus · Technical Expertise - in-depth knowledge of planning and analysis tools; solution driven approach to system and process.