Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in
every part of our business.
Product Graphics Analyst (Surface Materials) – Paid Internship
Determined period: 3 months, 6 hours / day
The Product Graphics team from Cluj-Napoca is part of the Product Launch & Support group from within Steelcase IT. This group provides Steelcase customers, dealers, A&D community and employees with high quality data, graphics, technology and process to support the development and fulfillment of products anywhere in the world. In Cluj-Napoca we focus on graphics that support multiple internal and external customers.
We are currently looking to enlarge our graphics team to support the creation of 3D surface materials that will be used in various applications like Product Configurators, Pricing Tools, Dynamic Visualizations, VR and others. This requires product understanding, 3D material creation knowledge and ability to apply mapping coordinates to an object using various techniques. Responsibilities include the creation, testing and management of 3D surface materials as well other tasks.
What's in it for you?
· Work with external vendors and partners to obtain digital images (textures).
· Work with other team members to ensure proper display of materials on 3D models.
· Make various modifications (e.g. image resizing, color adjustments etc.) to textures for multiple downstream uses.
· Answer on incidents as support for materials.
· Provide support for customers.
· Identify and support process improvement.
· Three-year (or greater) degree in a related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
· Very good command of English.
· Artistic skills and know how to use technology in your advantage.
· Experience with Photoshop, 3ds Max and material creation.
· Experience working with 3D modeling, animation, rendering, texturing and UV mapping.
· Must have a portfolio to show your work, projects from university etc.
What does it take?
· Understand material creation and mapping
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate with a broad
customer bases in a multinational company
· Team oriented working style with good communication and networking skills
· Digital asset management capability
· Keen eye to detail
· You can handle project information in a structured manner
You adapt easily to new processes or changes