Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business
Your future team:
The Product Graphics team from Cluj-Napoca is part of the Product Launch & Support group from within Steelcase IT. This group provides Steelcase customers, dealers, A&D community and employees with high quality data, graphics, technology and process to support the development and fulfillment of products anywhere in the world. In Cluj-Napoca we focus on graphics that support multiple internal and external customers.
We are currently looking to enlarge our graphics team to support the development and maintenance of graphics and publications in connection with product development, commercialization and life cycle management. This information is an important medium to communicate critical product information to Customers, Dealers, Architects, Designers, and Installers.
What you will be doing:
• Build graphical content, like 3D and exploded drawings, required for all new products using engineering models and other CAD tools for Specification Guides, Assembly Directions and Service Parts.
• Compose and publish outputs for customers, dealers and installers.
• Add data to graphics using our internal web applications and Microsoft Excel.
• Implement requested feedback and changes.
• Be instrumental in our journey of process and quality improvement.
• Collaborate with product development engineers, product data analysts, Marketing and other groups to clarify project and product information.
• Three-year (or greater) degree in a related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Very good command of English.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Strong capability for interpreting engineering drawings, sketches, methods and terminology.
• Artistic skills and know how to use technology in your advantage.
• Experience working with 3D modeling, animation, rendering, texturing and UV mapping is a plus.
• Experience with Creo Parametric, Fusion 360 or other Autodesk 3D products preferred.
• Experience with Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
Who you are :
• You have good interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate with a broad customer bases in a multinational company.
• Team oriented working style with good communication and networking skills.
• You have a deep understanding of visual and geometric requirements for a product from verbal descriptions, sketches, photographs, prototypes, and/or mock-ups.
• You can build graphics that communicate a deep understanding of a complicated mechanism, assembly or product to those with less technical know-how.
• Strong digital asset management capability.
• Keen eye to detail.
• Perseverance and social skills to provide customer service by resolving complaints effectively and being dedicated in building positive relationships.
• You can work on multiple assignments with good planning of your time and priorities.
• You can handle project information in a structured manner.
• Able to navigate databases, understand structure and analyze data.
• Able to challenge existing methodologies and identify alternative solutions.
• Able to express ideas clearly and concise in writing and in front of audiences.