Want to combine your passion for travel with your career? Here’s your chance! Come and work for the World’s Largest Student and Youth Travel Company
Who we are and what we do? STA Travel… the world’s largest student and youth travel company, we’ve been spreading peace, love and adventure since 1979. Back then, we started out with one mission: to create affordable adventures for awesome people. Today, we have stores in over 50 countries, eight head office hubs from London to Melbourne, and together, we help over 2 million travellers a year to Start The Adventure. Oh, and we also live by another rule. Life’s short, work somewhere you love
The HR Business Partner is responsible for supporting the People & Culture function by assisting managers and staff with people related matters and process the payroll for the allocated division. They are expected to provide a high level of customer service to their internal customers and be responsive and proactive in communication with people.
· Maintains employee database and files (including contract changes and terminations)
· Collects, checks and processes monthly documents related to payroll calculation
· Monitors and checks the data entered in the self-service timesheet application
· Calculates and checks salaries for all employees
· Prepares and processes payroll reports and payment files
· Forwards all end of pay reports to the finance department, as per legal deadlines
· Manages employee benefits database and orders (i.e. meal vouchers, private medical)
· Prepares statements on social contributions and taxes, including documentation required for recovery of sick leave payments, statistical reports, employee certificates
· Monitors changes in payroll and employment legislation and keeps the line manager informed about the impact of such changes
· Maintains relationship with labour authorities
· Ensures documents transfer between company offices and departments
· Participates in the annual salary budgeting process as well as global HR projects such as job evaluation, benchmarking, comp & ben evaluation, performance review process management.
· University Degree in economics / technical field
· Minimum 2 years experience in payroll and taxes calculation in a company with at least 200 employees
· Computer proficiency (MS Office and payroll systems) advanced level
· Good knowledge and command of English
· Knowledge & experience in personnel administration area
· Strong knowledge of tax legislation and labour law principles and practices
· Strong work ethic, self-motivated, enthusiastic and team oriented
· Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-location environment
· Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks to meet established schedules, timelines and/ or deadlines.