Do you dream of what cars of the future will look like when you combine them with connectivity, a smartphone, and cloud services? Can you imagine uniting those dreams with a company that has the skills and relationships to make that a reality? If so, Telenav wants you!
At Telenav, we believe the car is at the beginning of a massive innovation wave that mirrors what happened on the smartphone several years ago. Telenav creates world-class connected, embedded and mobile software for the top world’s top automakers.
We are looking for a highly motivated project manager to define and build new automotive software products.
As a Project Manager, you will be charged with creating, leading, designing and implementing the technical vision for innovative products and services across the organization. Working closely with Product Managers and Engineering Leads, you will leverage your deep knowledge in highly-scalable systems to design truly innovative mapping solutions while incorporating the agility and flexibility in the design to accommodate the rapid changes of the technology landscape.
- Initiate, plan, execute and monitor your project(s) accordingly to the company defined processes
- Correctly managing scope changes
- Be an integrated part in defining and improving project management related processes (in fact, 20% of your time will be spent in this direction)
- Ensure a permanent alignment between all project(s) team members, taking into consideration the fact that your team(s) may be distributed across three continents (US, Europe, Asia)
- Closely and permanently collaborate with Telenav's internal departments (e.g. product management)
- Execute your project(s) iteratively and incrementally ensuring a permanent alignment with the official milestones
- Help and mentor your team(s) members in correctly employing agreed frameworks (e.g. Scrum) and in correctly using the day to day project management tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Guide your team(s) towards a self-organizing, independent mindset
- Reporting the project status into steering committee and/or internal departments and/or external clients (three different levels of reporting, each with it's own specificity)
- Build positive professional relationships with clients and associates
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience (in project management)
- Extensive knowledge about AGILE software development processes
- Experience with bug-tracking and version control tools
- Strong skills in deadline management and ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
BENEFICIAL ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- Knowledge about software development processes (automated QC efforts / Quality management, continuous integration, test driven development)
- Knowledge about business processes (strong negotiation skills, change management skills)
- Experience abroad or with foreign clients
- PM certifications
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An opportunity to work in a global company working on cutting edge products in a rapidly innovating industry
- A challenging, fast paced environment working with very smart highly skilled team mates.
- An opportunity to see your products come to life in millions of automobiles.