What is the purpose of your job?
The Electronic Design Engineer will be
part of Research & Development department consisting of 25 members, 10 of
which are located in Cluj-Napoca. You will work closely with the R&D teams
located in both locations: in the Netherlands and in Cluj-Napoca.
The department is in continuous
development so the new colleague will be contributing to power supply
development independently in Cluj-Napoca.
You will be working on designing
prototype projects, some of them already on-going and some of them waiting for
the start date.
What are your responsibilities?
- adjust and finalize the Critical Design
Specification document with the customer with the support of the team;
- perform calculations and/or simulations
as a proof of concept for the chosen topology (System, Electronics, Thermal,
- perform tests to use new technology in
- elaborate the design into an output such
as schematic design, Layout of a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design, Bill of
Material (BoM) management, Magnetic designs (qualify and release of magnetic
parts and production procedure);
- delegate and monitor the Mechanical
design (Thermal calculations/design);
- test and qualification of the design such
as “Design Qualification Report” (DQR, both internal and external, Functional,
- environmental, Reliability, and Safety
qualification and verification of the design by safety report, Electro Magnetic
Compatibility (EMC, internal qualification), stress calculations, and MTBF and
- analyze the design concerning errors on
the manufacturing site (DFMEA and PFMEA).
What your background
should look like:
Design Engineers are at the cornerstone of our projects, shaping the clients’
ideas into reality. Therefore, we expect you to:
- have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronic Engineering;
- have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a related position in hardware
development that has shaped your understanding of manufacturing and
- have experience in hardware design from scratch with the ability to read
- have the ability to work with specific tools like oscilloscopes, multimeters,
power meters, electronic boards, etc.;
- have the ability to deal with complex technical issues and provide timely
- manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously;
- be flexible, proactive, independent, and self-motivated;
- have good English communication skills, both verbal and written;
- have the willingness to travel 20% of the time between Cluj (main location) and
Almelo (the Netherlands).
Why should you join us?
It’s an exciting
time to join us. SFC Energy is a fast-growing company, part of SFC Energy AG, a
listed German company (F3C), strongly driven by technological innovation. Show
us how much energy you’re holding, and feel empowered to be your best. If you
are the right person we are looking for, your personal growth and development
will go hand in hand with the growth of our company.
will have the opportunity to align with an international team, as we have close
collaboration with our colleagues in the Netherlands. Together, we are involved
in the whole design process, from
the product idea right through to the
manufacturing process. You will get to see the results of your work as
production, assembly, and R&D are located on the same floor.
For more power: our benefits
- apart from a competitive salary you will have access to a substantial
benefits package that includes: Meal tickets (20 RON), Private health
insurance (Allianz Țiriac), Transport compensation, Bonuses for special occasions/events,
Bookster subscription and more;
- the fulfillment of contributing directly to build a larger and better
organization and put your fingerprint on the corporate culture of our
- joining an open culture, where our core values – alignment,
reliability, responsibility – have a meaning;
- we encourage and support the autonomy of working and ownership;
- a stimulating workflow with complex and diverse tasks;
- technical and personal training opportunities, be it internal or
external, based on your Performance & Growth assignments;
- flexible working hours;
- hybrid working options where
the home office schedule is decided together with the team, depending on
the stage of the project and the activities that must be done in the
Do you think you
got what it takes, don’t hesitate and send an e-mail to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to your
By applying to this job, we are deemed to have your
default consent to the processing of personal data by SFC Energy Power,
pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679.