In our Tool Chain Team we are providing DevOps services for our international cloud development teams. By our services we assure good (mostly automated) processes for software development, software quality, continuous delivery, and monitoring. The toolchain is build on standard tools like Azure DevOps, Jenkins, GitHub, Fortify, Artifactory, SonarQube, New Relic and is expanded by own customizing, scripting, integration configurations.
The software we deliver is written in Java and deployed
on the SAP solution for the cloud called SAP Business Platform based on Cloud
Foundry. As database it uses HANA Database. Soon we want to make use of Docker
and Kubernetes for improving the DevOps services.
Within Tool Chain Team, you are responsible for administering tools like Jenkins, SonarQube, GitHub, Databases (HANA DB, Microsoft SQL), PowerBI making use of user management strategies, backups, troubleshooting, audit management, performance tracking.
As DevOps Software Engineer, you will administer Azure DevOps Server and customize work items and workflows. You will manage artifacts, pipelines, source code, project settings. You will design, implement, test and support CICD pipelines, using scripting languages like Groovy, PowerShell, Bash, and descriptive languages like YAML. You will monitor applications, tools and servers using New Relic. You will configure build agents in both Windows and Linux OS to be able to run pipelines and Docker images. You will implement Docker images and run them. Also you will administer and configure the SAP BTP cloud platform to support development processes and to orchestrate applications and databases and elaborate architectures, estimate efforts and costs. Sharing the knowledge in the team is very important as well as writing documentation. Improvement ideas are welcomed.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field, or 4 years relevant work experience;
· 1 year of DevOps software engineering work experience;
· Fluent in English.
· Experience with running & maintaining Jenkins server and pipelines;
· Experience with preparing, configuring, deploying and maintaining build agents;
· Strong scripting skills (Python, Linux shell scripting, Windows batch scripting, Groovy);
· Experience with Microsoft product family (Azure DevOps/Services, Microsoft SQL Server & PowerBI);
· Basic understanding of build management, continuous integration and deployment of the software;
· Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems;
· Experience with using containers technologies (Docker);
· Experience with orchestration Kubernetes;
· Experience with cloud environments (Azure, AWS etc.).
· Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations;
· Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position;
· Perform other responsibilities as assigned;
· Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
· Working on tickets;
· Solving issues coming from development teams, following processes and priorities.
· International work environment (offices in +25 countries);
· Annual salary evaluation and compensation based on performance;
· Private health insurance and retirement plan;
· Opportunity to travel abroad accompanied by travel, medical and life insurance;
· Reimbursement for sport activities and for glasses.
If you want to enjoy Cerner Team, please apply here.
All employees must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.