Financial Analyst, General Ledger
What You Will Be Doing:
- Support accounting and control activities on our EMEA entities, including month-end closing activities and balance sheet accounts reconciliation
- Is in charge of Banking/Treasury activities for the French perimeter: bank statements booking, payments, bank accounts reconciliation, cash forecast preparation
- Assists with the preparation of audit documentation
- Proactively identify, initiate and conduct continuous process improvements by using technological tools when applicable
- Support knowledge sharing and knowledge retention in the team (maintaining updated standard operating procedures and supporting new joiners' training)
- Support our business partners inside and outside the organzation, working in compliance with business ethics, applicable laws and regulations and according to Steelcase core values
Your Future Team:
Steelcase’s EMEA General Ledger team supports the closing processes and consolidation of EMEA Steelcase results. Our team is involved in audit and controls, cash management and banking, month-end closing, and general accounting.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance
- Exposure to accounting processes minimum 2 years
- Fluent in English
- French or German would be a plus
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong computer skills including Web navigation and Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Knowledge of SAP can be a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with tight closing deadlines
- Good accounting knowledge (previous exposure to USGAAP would be a plus)
- Able to express thoughts clearly, adapt to different communication styles
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and a team player
- Oriented for continuous improvement, growth mindset and a digital dexterity mindset
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
At Steelcase, we care about our employees and we want to recognize their effort through a significant package of benefits which includes fixed and flexible benefits (16.175 RON gross per employee/year).
Flexible benefits budget that can be spent on any of the following options:
- Reimbursement of your outside country vacation up to 4.500 RON/year and vacation vouchers for Internal tourism
- Trainings and accreditation in accordance with your job description
- Reimbursement for public transportation or fuel
- Work from Home financial support (160 RON/month)
- Meal tickets
- Private pension
- Gift vouchers for special events according to the legislation: Christmas, Easter, 8th March, 1st of June
- Culture vouchers (for bookshops, theaters, cinemas, festivals, concerts etc.)
- Sports discounts for gyms, spa & relax, sport equipment and articles... and others.
- 25-30 days of annual leave (depending on your seniority)
- Healthcare Subscription at Regina Maria: Expert Complete package
- Private Life Insurance, with coverage for temporary work incapacity and critical illness up to 90000 RON
- Private Health Insurance with coverage for hospitalization and surgery costs up to 8000 RON/year
- Financial support for special life events
- Work anniversary and birthday kits
- Learning & Development opportunities via Udemy, EdX, internal trainings etc.
- Office perks: fruits & goodies in the office & well-being initiatives
- A hybrid model of work and flexible program.
Why People Choose to Work with Us:
At Steelcase, we put people at the center of everything we do. We understand the role of work and believe that it can bring meaning and purpose to the lives of our customers and our employees. We prioritize supporting our employees both in and out of work, in all aspects of their lives. When we bring our talents together, we make a positive lasting impact through our work and communities.
Who We Are:
Organizations around the world trust Steelcase to help them create places that help people work better, be inspired, and accomplish more.
We design, manufacture, and partner with other leading organizations to provide architecture, furniture, and technology solutions- accessible through a network of channels, including over 800 Steelcase dealer locations. Steelcase is a global, industry-leading, publicly-traded company with fiscal year 2021 revenue of $2.6 billion.
What Matters to Us:
More than qualifications, we’re looking for talent and potential. We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to improve our global community. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different from themselves, building mutual respect and positive relationships. We invite people from all backgrounds and genders to apply. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. We are proud to be recognized for our inclusive workforce by the Corporate Equality Index for the past nine years.
If you’re interested in Steelcase, but this isn’t the right time or role, join our [Talent Community HERE] to be updated on future openings in your area(s) of expertise.