Executive Chef Job Description
• Ensuring promptness, freshness, and quality of dishes.
• Coordinating cooks' tasks.
• Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
• Creating recipes, planning menus, and selecting plate presentations.
• Training kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers,
• Performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and doing purchase orders.
• Obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer problems and complaints.
• Choosing the key ingredients for dishes on various menu types.
• Overseeing kitchen equipment purchases, repairs, and restaurant ordering
kitchen cleaning supplies.
• Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
• Supervise kitchen staff's activities
• Give prepared plates the "final touch"
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with colleagues and customers
•Advanced knowledge of food professional principles and practices
•Ability to meet deadlines.
•Available to work on-call, shifts, after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays.
•Proven working experience as a Head Chef
•Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
•Capable of delegating multiple tasks
•Communication and leadership skills
•Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
•Working knowledge of computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
•Degree in Culinary related certificate