What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to look at the opportunities available to come to join our team.
AMD Infinity Data Fabric (DF) is used across all our product segments including EPYC, Ryzen, Vega, Navi, and Semi-Custom products. We are looking for a qualified engineer with a strong desire to work on bringing the next-generation high-performance computing products to market and motivated in expanding their own horizons. In this role, the engineer will be an important part of a highly visible and motivated team responsible for Infinity Fabric IP firmware development and feature enablement across all AMD products. This engineer should be passionate about firmware development on bare-metal or close to bare-metal environments. You should have the ability to look at the ‘big picture, design solutions that are optimal and scalable, and document them concisely. You are a good team player with a collaborative can-do attitude. You will be enhancing associated tools and infrastructure for data extraction, processing, compiling, and decompiling. In addition, you will contribute towards debugging and optimization of software to support silicon bring-up, validation, and debug. Code quality, robustness, and extendibility are critical. As a member of the team, you will also be responsible for contributing to coding, code reviews, creating unit tests, and authoring detailed documentation related to your work.
· Responsible for firmware development and feature enablement in the Infinity Fabric interconnect across all AMD products, including design, documentation, unit testing, and debugging for pre and post-silicon support.
· Enhancing python-based tools that process large amounts of complex data to produce a hardware initialization binary. Develop tools and infrastructure that help in the collection of the initialization data in either python or C / C++.
· Work closely with architects and other IP leads to determine firmware scope and implementation details to meet firmware deliverables schedules and milestones
· Perform unit and integration test, engage with various teams to provide debug support in the emulation, simulation, and post-silicon environment
· Be an active participant in design and code reviews
· Work with internal and external teams to ensure the highest level of quality and satisfaction throughout the firmware lifecycle.
· 5+ years of proven experience in the firmware development cycle, integration, and good understanding of verification/validation for pre and post-silicon for SoC designs.
· Expertise in low-level C programming, software optimization techniques, and debugging for embedded systems.
· Strong in Python and Linux scripting applied to data parsing and processing
· Strong background in computer architecture with familiarity in memory interleaving, system memory maps, and NUMA domain concepts
· Prior experience in board, processor/ASIC bring-up and testing platforms (Simulation and/or Emulation)
· Experience in hardware/software interfaces and methodically debugging sophisticated issues at the IP, subsystem, and/or system-level using source code debuggers and other system debug tools.
· Experience with source control systems including git/gerrit
· Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
· Must be well-organized, technically oriented, and a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to support multiple products, work collaboratively and coordinate activities with geographically distributed technical teams.
· BS or MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
· Competitive salary package
· Challenging and professional work environment within a global organization
· Mentorship programs and various training sessions
· Team events
· Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home
· Performance bonus
· Meal vouchers card
· Access to 7card
· Private medical health insurance