Coordinates and performs Quality Engineering activities to ensure maintaining and improving QMS.
• Participate in initiating and planning pilot runs and pre-production runs; Analyze results and furnish analysis with appropriate recommendations;
• Review complex production and manufacturing specification process to assure compliance with drawings, specifications and contract requirements;
• Plan and determine capability of manufacturing processes to meet quality requirements ;
• Review and approve complex manufacturing Process Sheets for the purpose of establishing appropriate inspection points, assuring that work instructions are adequate and assuring that consideration is given to quality standards of workmanship and contractual specification requirements;
• Provide technical assistance in the preparation of complex workmanship standards, instructions and inspection criteria; Plan and provide technical assistance to resolve complex fabrication, test and inspection problems, as required;
• Establish process controls, surveillance and monitoring procedures to assure product quality;
• Analyze reported defects and failures and initiate corrective action;
• Participate in the timely investigations, disposition and corrective actions to prevent recurrence of non-conforming materials, processes and products; Follow up for completion and measurement of effectiveness;
• Plan and participate in Engineering evaluations and Change Control Board to assure design and changes proposed are within the scope of company and contract definitions and requirements; Coordinate submittal with the customer;
• Prepare and/or approve corrective action reports and documentation in response to customer inquiries or complaints regarding inspection, test and production activities;
• Plan and participate in the verification (First Article Configuration Inspection) of hardware versus drawing/specifications and coordinate this effort with customer personnel;
• Prepare summaries and analysis of internal audits, as well as customer audits;
• Mentor and provide leadership to technicians and inspectors.
Desired candidates will have:
• 4 year Engineering or Technical degree
• Experience with PPAP processes and knowledge of analytical instruments as: SPC, CPK, PDCA;
• Knowledge of quality tools: 5Why, 8D report, Pareto, Ishikawa.