To perform the day-to-day finance activities within the EFSG finance team. Maintaining relationships with the served sites, while performing the daily financial and accounting business processes of the EFSG with a focus on standardization whilst delivering excellent customer service.
Provide timely and professional services that support the EFSG SLA, ensuring that the monthly US GAAP financials for the country are prepared accurately and on time.
Drive process improvements and provide training and development to others.
Support the Senior Regional Accountants to maintain and develop the EFSG processes and services.
Financial business partnering
• Ensure the financial integrity of the Financial Statements, performing all tasks as set out in the EFSG SLA master document including;
• Part of a team responsible for Month End closing to a strict timetable for Financials into HFM (Reporting system). Reporting scope includes P&L, Balance sheet, TWC metrics, Headcount and other statistical requirements.
• Perform monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement variance analysis.
• Provide financial reports to finance management (e.g. account analysis, balance sheet and income statement flux analysis, reconciliations, ad hoc analysis, etc.).
• Perform periodic financial close activities including journal entry preparation and account
reconciliations including cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and accrued expenses
• Ownership of the balance sheet control reconciliations including investigation of reconciling
items to clear in a timely manner.
• Regular financial & balance sheet reviews in conjunction with the Senior
Regional accountant and Site management team.
• Manage, review and execute the end-to-end cash disbursements process.
• Perform and Analyze business reports for Bookings, Sales and backlog.
• Preparation of daily and period flash reports.
• Monthly reconciliations
• Product group, KOB and End destination Reporting.
• Perform monthly cost center reporting including variation analysis (SG&A and CGS).
• Ensure high quality deliverables are provided to all relevant stakeholders within the agreed
• Deliver timely, comprehensive and quality management reporting including metrics.
• Maintain compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and internal
• Researches and investigates accounting issues as required.
• Recommends and implements solutions.
• Part of a team responsible of Business Intelligence and Analytics:
• Create reports and predictive financial models to enable effective decision making.
• Build and manage dashboards and metrics to identify key trends, risks and opportunities.
• With thorough data analysis, provide insightful and actionable metrics and recommendations
on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Works with the EFSG Integration team on the onboarding process to integrate new sites into EFSG.
• Engagement with corporate/internal and external auditors for all local and Europe-wide
Knowledge Management and training
• Provide training within the team. Supervise the work of and develop EFSG colleagues both locally
• Contributes on the knowledge management within EFSG and establishes standards and quality in the overall documentation efforts.
• Establishes a culture of learning and continues development and collaborates with operational teams.
• Contributes that training materials are defined, e-learning trainings are developed, an onboarding program is established and maintained.
• Support development of streamlined processes through automation or other efficiency gaining ways.
• Analyze Key Performance Indicators data, identify adverse trends and communicate these succinctly to management. Work closely with the regional teams and MSSC to identify and address root causes.
• Works with EFSG Systems accounting team as needed to implement process design changes or system updates.
• Assist with finance projects including integrations as and when required.
• Occasional weekend/public holiday working is a requirement of the role.
• Willingness to travel (up to 5-10% of role).
• Works with EFSG Systems accounting team as needed to implement process design changes or
• University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and/or Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA etc.).
• Fluent English language skills; verbal, reading and writing. Other European languages are an advantage.
• Minimum 5 years work experience for a large multi-national organization.
• Experience working in a matrix structure would be of an advantage.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills in support of organizational change
• Knowledge of Oracle, SAP or Syteline together with HFM preferred.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, POWER BI and PowerPoint skills.
• Flexible team player with ability to work in cross-functional teams and across varying groups and organizational levels
• Ability to work independently in a team environment, take ownership of the resolution of problems, be flexible and accountable, manage conflicting responsibilities, prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
• High level of curiosity, mindset of continuous improvement.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure. A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals. Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.