You are a professional looking for an opportunity to expose your skills and grow? Emerson has an appealing role for you – Senior MES Engineer!
As a global innovator, Emerson has a deep legacy of solving the most complex challenges facing modern life. We combine advanced technologies, industry-leading expertise, and an insatiable curiosity about the world around us to create sustainable solutions for the essential customers we serve.
Based in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and testing of project specific Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and system integration solutions (LIMS or ERP) for clients, primarily in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry, to enhance cutting-edge process automation solutions meeting customer requirements.
This role includes working towards Syncade certification in all current, relevant modules in conjunction with a full-time project role.
The job implies Working from Home flexibility.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work effectively at different levels with clients and sales teams to assist in the definition of business needs and demonstrate our product and service capabilities.
- Be responsible and work in a team for selected areas of the overall solution, to define scope, sizing, system / operational requirements, integration requirements, support project estimations, and ensure execution methodology (e.g. client interviews; documentation analysis).
- May take overall responsibility for a specific area of the solution.
- Create prototypes to develop and demonstrate special project features.
- Develop functional and detailed designs, and implement and test complex MES (Syncade) solutions using both custom-developed software applications and configured products that meet client requirements.
- Create technical documentation to a standard required for validated facilities.
- Lead design and code reviews.
- Support the Lead Engineer in understanding, managing, and achieving customer expectations.
- Fully understand the scope of work within their portfolio, and ensure that it is delivered to the requisite quality, budget, and schedule.
- Work collaboratively with Lead Engineer and make sure he is fully informed, at the earliest opportunity, of any customer-initiated changes in scope.
- Provide the Lead Engineer with all necessary support and information to ensure that they are fully informed of the progress.
- Ensure that all Engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved.
- Assist clients with resolving application problems and installing software upgrades as well as patches for MES systems.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- University Degree in Computer Science or Process Automation Engineering – preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a related processes industry such as Biotech/Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Food, and Beverage.
- 3 years in MES project execution (requirements analysis, design definition, software development, and solutions implementation).
- Good knowledge and solid experience with MES systems (e.g. Syncade, Rockwell ProPack Data, Werum PAS-X, POMSnet).
- Working knowledge of SQL Server or Oracle.
- Experience with ERP interfacing (e.g. SAP) or another level 4 solution is a plus.
- Experience in process automation solutions is a plus.
- Knowledge of active directory, DNS, IP networks, and virtualization is a plus.
- Microsoft literate.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Confidence in customer interactions, presentations, and discussions.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) with a second European language preferred;
- Willingness to travel as required
- Competencies: Action Oriented, Technical Savvy, Customer Focus, Communicates Effectively, Nimble Learning, Collaborates, Instills Trust, Situational Adaptability, Drives Results.