You are a professional looking for an opportunity to expose your skills and grow? Emerson has an appealing role for you – Senior Computer and Network Infrastructure Engineer!
Based in Romania, you will be primarily responsible to execute projects and upgrades delivering Distributed Control Systems’ IT Infrastructure (Servers and Workstations, Networks, Virtualization, Software Deployment, Cybersecurity) for process industries automation (such as Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Oil & Gas and Refining).
As a global innovator, Emerson has a deep legacy of solving the most complex challenges facing modern life. We combine advanced technologies, industry-leading expertise and an insatiable curiosity about the world around us to create sustainable solutions for the essential customers we serve.
In this role, you will undertake project design, implementation, and factory acceptance test phases and will be also responsible to create documents developed for our customers within our project team according to agreed planning and functional requirements. You will support Project Team in the delivery of project-related engineering deliverables and is responsible for the assigned scope.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Customer Relations – support Lead Engineers / Project Managers in understanding, managing and achieving each customer’s expectations;
- Project Execution – take ownership of the engineering activities (Computer and Network Infrastructure design, configuration, testing, commissioning, start-up and upgrade for DeltaV DCS and other Emerson Software) on all allocated tasks and proactively utilize methodologies, resources, and techniques for minimizing the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard;
- Project Management – provide Lead Engineers / Project Managers with all necessary support and information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress, and areas of risk for the allocated tasks;
- Scope control – fully understands the scope of work within their portfolio, ensures that it is delivered to the requisite quality, budget and schedule and that the relevant Senior Engineers or Lead Engineers are fully informed, at the earliest opportunity, of any customer-initiated changes in scope;
- Quality control – ensure that all engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved – always adhere to company’s and customer health, safety and environmental standards;
- Technical knowledge – acquires, maintains, and actively shares knowledge and experience with the engineering team and the wider organization;
- Small Projects – where the business determines that the scope of a project does not justify having a separate Lead Engineer, Senior Engineer, or Engineer, then the roles will be combined, and the Engineer will undertake several roles;
- Take other responsibilities or tasks including those related to Ethics; Health, Safety and Environment; and Information Security policies that are within your skills and abilities, whenever reasonably instructed. The business reserves the right to make reasonable adjustments in line with business requirements.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Engineering degree;
- Proficient in English with a third European language preferred (written and verbal);
- Computer literate (MS Office) with software programming skills;
- 4+ years of experience in IT infrastructure projects execution, preferably for process industries with good technical knowledge of DCS and/or PLC, System Administration, Virtualization, Cybersecurity, Computer and Network equipment;
- Willingness to travel with an European focus mainly for shorter periods (up to 25%) as required;
- Competencies: Action Oriented, Technical Savvy, Customer Focus, Communicates Effectively, Nimble Learning, Collaborates, Instills Trust, Situational Adaptability, Drives Results.