We have a great opportunity for you to join our European MES Project Team as Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Lead Engineer!
You will be responsible for working with the customer throughout the lifecycle of a project, starting with initial client discussions, working as part of the sales team (consultative selling), supporting the project from design to successful completion and winning repeat business.
You will be working primarily in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, providing leadership to the project team and mentoring key resources. Key focus is on the ability to create a vision for MES using Emerson’s Syncade solution and to be able to articulate that vision both to the customer and the project team. You must excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Personal credibility in front of customers is essential.
In this role you will:
- Assess customer’s processes, installations, infrastructure, work processes, IT systems, interfaces to other systems (ERP, LIMS etc) as well as automation layers to identify business opportunities where the Syncade solution can be successfully applied;
- Work with customer to map the as-is and to-be business processes, set strategic vision, specify MES requirements and operational improvements based on the results of site assessments and quantify expected benefits;
- Perform high-level business and technical analyses such as value-stream mapping, requirements definition, validation planning, and gap analyses from user requirements. As appropriate, perform FEED study;
- Assess and advise on technical and commercial risk during the pursuit of potential MES projects and ensure that risks are properly addressed during both the sales and execution phases;
- Achieve customer satisfaction by creating continuity between sales and execution process and ensuring common understanding of requirements between customer, sales and execution team;
- Follow the project (large)/program into the delivery phase providing high-level support and consultancy to the project technical leads, mentoring to key members of the team and will attend significant customer progress meetings;
- Maintain industry expertise and MES knowledge leadership, working with domain experts and industry solutions groups;
- To shape value-adding consulting solutions that enable our clients to meet the changing needs of the global Manufacturing IT landscape;
- Develop and maintain relationships as trust advisor with customers at top level;
- Provide internal and external presentation in an appropriate form, for clients in their language and where appropriate in a form easily understood by non-technical personnel, and support customer’s presentation into events;
- As an inspiring leader in your domain, you will be the key advisor to architecture and design reviews;
- Provide feedback (VoC) to technology and marketing;
- Provide support and guidance to Syncade sales team in large international pursuit.
For this role you will need:
- Engineering degree or equivalent with at least 5 years’ experience in the MES business with focus on the life-science industry and a proven track record;
- Previous experience of business process mapping, requirements analysis, scope definition (and then managing a project to that scope), design and implementation of software solutions;
- Proven project management and technical leadership experience;
- Excellent knowledge and solid experience with MES systems, data integration, server hardware and networks, ERP systems (SAP preferred);
- Knowledge of biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing processes, operational workflow and batch records;
- Familiar with working in regulated environment, knowledge of cGMP, 21CRF part 11 and validation requirements;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- A high level of customer interfacing skills;
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills;
- Fluent English and German (written and spoken) ;
- Availability to travel to Europe up to 50% of the time. Travel can be for a short period of time or longer assignments (e.g. commissioning, tests at customer site, if required).
Our offer to you:
By joining Emerson as a MES Lead Engineer Europe, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their unique experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas and diversity of thoughts, that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
We encourage and support several Employee-led Resources Groups that promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities.
Our LGBTQ+A Group empowers our workforce regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation, and supports the inclusion and professional development of all employees.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.