Based in Romania, you will be primarily responsible to execute projects delivering Distributed Control Systems for process industries automation (such as Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Oil & Gas, and Refining).
In this role, you will undertake Front-End Engineering Design (FEED), system design, implementation, factory acceptance test (FAT), and site acceptance test (SAT) phases of automation projects. Also, as a member of the Project Management team on a Project, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of a portfolio of projects related to engineering deliverables, utilizing the Emerson global resources and standards.
As a Lead Engineer, you will support the sales and proposals teams in the pursuit of new business opportunities by utilizing your skills and experience.
The job implies Working from Home flexibility.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Customer Relations – support the relevant Project Leadership in understanding, managing, and achieving each customer’s expectations;
- Project Execution – take ownership of the engineering activities (DeltaV DCS FEED, design, configuration, testing, commissioning, and start-up) on all allocated deliverables and proactively utilize methodologies, resources, and techniques for minimizing the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard;
- Project Management – support the Project Leadership in the development of a realistic and achievable project schedule and provide them with all necessary information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress, and areas of risk for the Lead Engineer’s allocated engineering deliverables;
- Communications – be a focal point for all technical communication with the customer for the assigned deliverables and ensure that all team members allocated to the Lead Engineer, inclusive of any third parties, are provided with all necessary and relevant information, such as details of scope, schedule, technical specifications, and quality standards – to effectively deliver their allotted work;
- Procurement – support the Project Leadership in the development of the procurement list, including detailed specifications for any sub-contracted works and services where relevant, along with required delivery dates;
- Scope control – fully understand the scope of work for all allocated engineering deliverables and ensure that it is delivered to the requisite quality, budget, and schedule and that the relevant Project Leadership is fully informed, at the earliest opportunity, of any customer-initiated changes in scope;
- Quality control – ensure that all engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved – always adhere to company’s and customer Health, Safety, and Environmental standards;
- Team building – facilitate the creation of an inclusive and supportive environment for all personnel within the project team to ensure high performance on the project and actively support team members in achieving any personal development objectives shared that may have been set for the project;
- Proposals/sales support – actively contribute to any assigned bid activities to ensure that the customer’s requirements are fully understood and that innovative and cost-effective solutions are proposed;
- Suppliers – support the Project Leadership with respect to the management of the other parties – product vendors, sub-contractors, other Emerson teams, and third parties undertaking work on behalf of a customer, that is providing products and services associated with the Lead Engineer’s portfolio of deliverables;
- Technical knowledge – acquire, maintain and actively share knowledge and experience with the engineering team and the wider organization;
- Other responsibilities or tasks including those related to Ethics; Health, Safety and Environment; and Information Security policies that are within your skills and abilities, whenever reasonably instructed. The business reserves the right to make reasonable adjustments in line with business requirements.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Engineering degree;
- Proficient in English with a third European language preferred (written and verbal);
- Computer literate (MS Office) with software programming skills;
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience (Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Refining, Pharma, etc.) with a proven track record of managing system design, implementation, and factory/site acceptance test phases of automation projects (process automation, systems, and instrumentation);
- Willingness to travel with a European focus mainly for shorter periods (up to 50%) as required;
- Ability and talent to lead a technical team – with leadership experience preferred;
- Ability to work independently and within defined timelines;
- Extensive experience with direct customer contact and managing expectations;
- Competencies: Instills Trust, Drives Results, Situational Adaptability, Customer Focus, Drives Engagement, Builds Effective Teams, Courage, Direct Works, and Decision Quality.
For more information please contact email@example.com