SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership and Financial Ownership
- Supervise a team of Accounting Specialists and Senior Accounting Specialists to ensure high quality deliverables are provided to all relevant stakeholders within the agreed timescales.
- Responsible for Month End closing to a strict timetable for Financials into HFM (Reporting system). Reporting scope includes P&L, Balance sheet, TWC metrics, Headcount and other statistical requirements.
- Ownership of served sites financial statements.
- Review output/performance/delivery of the team to maintain compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and internal CP&P.
- Oversees service delivery and the day-to-day operations of the team, ensuring that all standards are met and procedures are followed. Establishes priorities and schedules of main activities
- Reviews and monitors SLA related services to identify trends and problem areas, reporting on risks, key performance indicators and proposed corrective action or new approaches.
- Develops and implements new work methods and procedures for GL; recommends procedural changes to improve efficiency and ensures appropriate implementation of decisions made by GL management or Site management.
- Defines and ensures the implementation of Service Level Agreements; sets standards for quality and ensures that operational activities are implemented in accordance with CP&P and meet the established standards.
- Support cross-functional activities of the finance teams.
- Collaborate with European Systems accounting team as needed to implement process design changes or system updates.
- Works closely with the GL Manager on the planning of onboarding process to integrate new sites into GFS Cluj.
- Ownership of engagement with corporate/internal and external auditors for all local and Europe wide engagements.
- Addressing audit findings to improve compliance and accuracy of transaction processing.
Knowledge Management and training
- Drives the knowledge management within GL team and establishes standards and quality in the overall documentation efforts
- Establishes a culture of learning and continues development and collaborates with GFS teams.
- Ensures training materials are defined, e-learning trainings are developed, an onboarding program is established and maintained.
- Manages, leads and develops a team of finance professionals, leads and ensures a culture of learning and development in the team.
- Works with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitors and advises on the progress to enhance the professional development.
- Ensures roles and responsibilities are clearly communicated and documented
- Takes necessary steps to address issues that may impact performance
- As required, becomes involved in relevant personnel matters including recruitment, termination and counselling
- Develop a strong relationship with the Finance Team at each served site.
- Own the Management Information reporting to all stakeholders ensuring it succinctly communicates issues and actions to improve the results.
- Maintain process workflows, procedures and management information for all areas, implement best practices in future projects within the team
- Identify areas for process integration improvement, obtain stakeholder approval and ensure they are implemented in line with the approved plan.
- Lead or assist with European finance projects as and when required.
- Occasional weekend/public holiday working is a requirement of the role.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10-15% of role).
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and/or Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA etc.).
- Fluent English language skills; verbal, reading and writing. Other European languages are an advantage.
- Minimum 8 years work experience for a large multi-national organization.
- Experience working in a matrix structure would be of an advantage.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills in support of organizational change
- Knowledge of Oracle, SAP or Syteline together with HFM preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, POWER BI and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong understanding of and experience with process mapping and process improvement.
- Flexible team player with ability to work in cross-functional teams and across varying groups and organizational levels.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment, take ownership of the resolution of problems, be flexible and accountable, manage conflicting responsibilities, prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- High level of curiosity, Mindset of continuous improvement
CORE COMPETENCIES (Korn Ferry)
- Builds effective teams
- Develops Talent
- Optimizes work processes
- Plans & Aligns
- Customer Focus
- Manages Conflict and complexity
- Instills trust
- Financial acumen