You are a professional looking for an opportunity to expose your skills and grow? By joining Emerson as a Project Engineer, you will have a substantial role in driving progress and making an impact in a leading technological automation solutions company.
As a global innovator, Emerson has a deep legacy of solving the most complex challenges facing modern life. We combine advanced technologies, industry-leading expertise and an insatiable curiosity about the world around us to create sustainable solutions for the essential customers we serve.
The Project Engineer is a member of the Power and Water Solutions Team, which undertakes the design, implementation, factory acceptance test (FAT) and commissioning phases of Power and Water Solutions (PWS) projects. Following the most recent market trends, the main focus will be put on Gas Turbine Control Systems (TCS).
In this role, the Project Engineer will be responsible for the technical implementation of Turbine Control Systems projects including both, office application development and onsite startups. This is a highly developmental role comprising formal, practical training and the acquisition of power industry-related experience.
If you are passionately motivated to make a difference and deliver outstanding work in driving progress, then join our team!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Participate in international (mainly European) projects in the Power Industry sector;
- Design and implement TCS (Turbine Control System) applications in close cooperation with our Customers in the Ovation Distributed Control System (DCS);
- Participate in several project phases – from System Configuration, Application Programming, Internal Testing/Simulation, FAT, System Installation, I/O Checkout, Functional Testing up to final Gas Turbine start-up and tuning;
- Support datalinks start-up (e.g. Modbus, IEC61850, Profibus) and network equipment configuration (CISCO);
- Take part in project planning and overall task scheduling in close cooperation with project management;
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the field of Gas Turbines, provide training to team members;
- Perform assigned tasks/duties with balanced risk while strictly observing the „Business Ethics“ of the Emerson Process Management;
- Develop Personal and Professional competencies as well as knowledge about Emerson Products & Services;
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- University degree in Automation, Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering or Electronics;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in automation control systems in the power industry, experience in Gas Turbine Control systems will be considered as a significant advantage;
- Familiarity with safety systems (SIS) will be a plus;
- Knowledge of networking and industrial communication protocols;
- Strong computer skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Willingness to learn and constantly develop relevant industrial knowledge;
- Able to generate immediate credibility with customers, suppliers and Emerson Projects and Services community;
- Fluent Romanian language skills – speaking and writing;
- Minimum B2 English language skills – speaking and writing;
- Able to work in a team;
- Able to travel up to 40% of work time;
- Driving License.