SUMMARY OF ROLE
This position is responsible for procuring the finished goods & components from other EMERSON sites and 3rd party suppliers, while respecting the inventory requirements and complying with the international legislation. The Buyer will generate, release and expedite purchase orders as required to ensure a timely delivery for the customers’ requests. Ensure efficient collaboration with internal departments by managing speedy and knowledgeable responses that solve Customers problems until reception & invoicing. Apply Company policies.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Generate daily new purchase orders to suppliers: analyze the proposals from the ERP system ORACLE, validate / modify planned lines;
2. Daily issue manually the orders to 3rd party suppliers
3. Daily identify and expedite purchase orders for bottleneck components to ensure timely delivery.
4. Daily inventory management: analyze anomalies of Reschedule in/Out and Cancellation for Purchase Orders;
5. Daily review of purchase orders without acknowledgements;
6. Daily fill in manually the acknowledgements in ORACLE; cross checking item, description, price, quantity and due dates;
7. Daily review overdue purchase orders to ensure new dates are updated in the system and postpone due dates according to procedure;
8. Negotiate prices and lead times
9. Support to all internal customers
10. Update Item Master data;
11. Management of non-compliant deliveries from suppliers, offers support to logistics & finance department with the invoice/reception issues from suppliers;
12. Coordination within the department: ensuring the absence replacement (back-up) whenever necessary.
13. Fulfilling any other task/ request from the direct manager or remote manager, related to the responsibilities of the position and in compliance with legislation.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Minimum three (3) years’ experience in purchasing roles;
2. Good in both, English and Germen ( min B2 lvl. For both );
3. Attention to details, perfectionist, proactivity;
4. Ability to work under time pressure and multi-tasking;
5. Strong analytical skills and planning skills, ability to solve problems;
6. Think Customer mind-set;
7. Good knowledge and demonstrated practice of inventory management and supply chain policies;
8. Cooperative; willingness to interact and work with others; team player;
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English;
10. Direct and interactive computer skills and electronic business interfaces: outlook, email, Microsoft Office, extranet/intranet, preferably ORACLE experience
For more information, please contact Cioroianu Sergiu Petru SergiuPetru.Cioroianu@emerson.com