SUMMARY OF ROLE
By joining us as a Strategic Sourcing Engineer you will have the chance to learn from some of the best managers and engineers in our industries and you will have unique career opportunities. The purpose of this position is to work in collaboration with the European Sourcing team, to drive a common strategy for various commodities (such as castings, machined parts, soft parts & others). You will have the opportunity to develop and improve the integration between the multiple European sites in order to consolidate suppliers, implement common projects, drive savings and reduce lead time.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop strategies for various commodities such as: casting, machined parts, forged & soft parts;
• Negotiate with suppliers’ long-term agreements, focused on cost containment, quality, lead time reduction and payment terms improvement;
• Assesses suppliers’ capacity, makes analysis of cost and benefits, ability of complaints and SCAR management;
• Run Electronic bids for direct/indirect materials to help drive lower costs;
• Work on supplier consolidation and increase inventory turns by eliminating MOQ (Minimum order Quantity) and MOV (Minimum order Value);
• Resolve supply issues and develop supply chain risk mitigation and contingency plans, to improve material availability.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience;
• Extensive experience of sourcing, procurement and supply chain management;
• Ability to comprehend and interpret engineering drawings, quality systems requirements, component requirement and customer specifications;
• Experience in establishing and managing pricing agreements with strategic suppliers;
• 3+ years of previous relevant experience;
• Fluent English spoken and written communication skills.
CORE COMPETENCIES (Korn Ferry)
• Communicates Effectively
• Manages Ambiguity
• Customer Focus
• Drives Results
For more information please contact Iulia Pop (email@example.com) – Talent Acquisition Specialist