DANIELI AUTOMATION - SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TEAM LEADER, DIGITAL SOLUTIONS
Danieli Group, is a world-wide leader company in the metals industry, specialized in the production of steel plants. It is made up of more than 25 divisions, each one staffed by individuals with specific technical capabilities, and bringing long and notable legacies from their own countries. The Danieli Team is multinational, multicultural and success driven. Passion, collaboration and continuous innovation are our key values.
We are currently increasing our DIGI&MET team within the Danieli Automation division.
Job Title: Software Development Team Leader, Digital Solutions
Location: Cluj-Napoca (ROMANIA)
Business Unit: Danieli Automation
With more than 40 years of experience focused on metals production worldwide, Danieli Automation is Danieli technological partner for production management, process and equipment control, advanced instrumentation, and state-of-the-art electrical solutions.
- Lead and motivate the team, defining and communicating goals to team members.
- For the given projects organize, assign, monitor the following activities:
- Translation of customer business needs into technical specifications.
- Design and development/configuration/customization of solutions supporting the digitalization of a steel plant with focus on production, logistics, process control, quality and energy functional areas.
- Integration of the digital solutions in customer IT/OT landscapes.
- Development of standards, procedures, user and training manuals.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits, in accordance with company standards.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other team leaders and business unit management to improve solutions, systems and processes.
- Diploma of Higher Technical Institute or Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Prior proven work experience in a technical leadership position.
- Familiarity with software engineering theory and practice, UML diagrams, modeling and design tools.
- Knowledge of object-oriented and service-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of C# programming with Microsoft .NET Framework and .NET Core.
- Knowledge of main relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle) and SQL language.
- Experience with software testing techniques and tools (unit test, integration test, system test).
- Experience in using distributed version control systems (e.g. GIT).
Will be considered as a plus:
- Experience in leading the design and implementation of software solutions for process industries, especially in metals.
- Experience in leading the design and implementation of process control/optimization models using C++, Phyton or MATLAB.
- Knowledge of non-relational databases (e.g. MongoDB), Time series DB (e.g. InfluxDB), In-memory DB (e.g. Redis).
- Knowledge of software containerization technology (Docker).
- Experience with message brokers (e.g. Rabbit MQ, Kafka) and protocols.
- Experience with Agile project management approach and tools (e.g. Azure DevOps).
- Passion and self-motivation
- Collaboration & teamwork
- Analytical and critical thinking
- English (minimum level B2)
- Other languages are a plus