Continental develops pioneering technologies and
services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods.
Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and
affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transport. In 2016,
Continental generated sales of €40.5 billion and currently employs more than
227,000 people in 56 countries.
Intelligent commercial vehicles are at the very heart of interior division especially business unit Commercial Vehicles and Aftermarket (CVAM).The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: innovative Highly Automated Driving (HAD) system solutions, radar sensors, intelligent cameras, multi-functional and head-up displays, instrument clusters, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 43,000 people worldwide and has generated sales of €8.3 billion in 2016.
As a Project Engineer for Safety you will be:
• Acting as Functional Safety Lead to drive the development of automotive electronic control units in compliance with the Continental development process and international standard ISO26262;
• Managing functional safety with the customer and internal development team;
• Supporting and perform safety analyses on product’s system, hardware and software;
• Supporting and developing safety concepts for system architectures and specify safety requirements for system, hardware and software disciplines;
• Performing Safety Requirements management (elicitation, analysis, prioritization, traceability, changes, metrics);
• Planning and coordinating the creation of functional safety documentation according to ISO 26262;
• Conducting reviews with product teams, external assessors and clients to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout product development cycles;
• Having close contact and collaboration with other locations and customers regarding Functional Safety Management;
• Supporting in developing and in maintaining a Safety Culture within the organization.
• BS, MS or PhD degree in the Electrical or Software Engineering field (e.g., Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Automatic Control);
• Knowledge in electronics theory;
• Knowledge in embedded systems;
• Experience in embedded software engineering (C/C++);
• Good technical English skills (electrical engineering, automotive).
Would be a plus:
• Awareness or exposure on safety relevant automotive systems or on the above described areas;
• Awareness/exposure of ISO 26262 or IEC 61508;
• Experience with failure analysis techniques, such as HARA, FMEA, FTA, FMEDA;
• Awareness of the process of requirements engineering from design to production;
• Software Quality and Process experience on Change-, Version- and Requirements Management (e.g., SPICE or CMMI);
• Familiar with Automotive Communication Standards (e.g., CAN, LIN, Flexray, Ethernet);
• Awareness of project management;
• Awareness of production processes for electronic devices.
What we offer:
• Flexible working time;
• Hybrid work;
• Competitive salaries & benefits;
• Health & wellness (Life Assurance, Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities, Canteen etc.);
• Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
• A mentor for the integration period;
• Professional development opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
• International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities.